Chapter Twenty Four

-Chapter Twenty Four-

Three hours. Three whole hours is how long it took for the pouring rain to slow down. Yes, I mean slow down. It’s still raining, just not as hard. No one was picking up their phones; not Danielle, not London, not Vicky, not Lily. . . I think you get the point now, yeah?

Every window was blurred from the rain, the wind was blowing, and now, my phone is almost dead. I had been trying to call anyone.  Jake and I were basically left alone.

 The owner of the shop was somewhere in the back, lying on the floor with a coffee cup in his hand, asleep.

 Pitiful, I know.

The guy is a terrible owner. Jake and I could rob the place and he probably wouldn’t even care!

Jake was sitting in one of the couches in the lounge area, tapping his fingers to the beat of the faint sound of a Paramore song.

“I’m so bored. . .” I dragged out the last word and leaned back farther into the couch. My feet were propped up on the coffee table.

The few people that were here had run out into the rain, wanting to get home to their precious families. Us? We can’t! How come no one is answering their phones? And how come I only have two freaking bars?

I was getting tired now. I wanted to go back to my house, well Vicky’s, and crawl into my bed. I wanted to go to sleep!

Pulling out my mobile, I dialed in Danielle’s number in again. After a few rings, it went to her voicemail.

“Hello, you have reached the fabulous and wonderful Danielle! I’m so sorry that you get to miss out on this awesomeness, but I am most likely busy. And by busy, I mean eating Nutella. Anywho! Mr. Nutty and I say bye!”

I didn’t bother leaving her a message. I already left her five. Or was it six? Bleh, I don’t care.

I tried calling Lily again, knowing that London or Vicky wouldn’t pick up. Matt’s more than likely at work right now, so there’s no point in calling him either.

I could always call my parents. . . Oh well. I already found Lily’s contact. He he.

Too many rings later, it went to her voicemail. I felt like banging my head on a plank of wood multiple times in frustration right now. Gr! Why isn’t anyone picking up!?

“Hello! You’ve reached Lily! Sorry I wasn’t able to answer your phone call! Please leave a message after the  beep, and I’ll try to get right back to you. Bye!”

I decided to leave her a message. Maybe she’ll be the one to call me back, who knows?

“Hey, Lily. Jake and I are kind of stuck at the coffee shop next to the McDonalds. It’s the one that’s not too far away from Vicky’s. I think you know what I’m talking about. Anyways! Please come and pick us up. Oh, and tell Danielle to come too. I need to smack her upside the head. Thanks!” I said, hanging up at the end.