Chapter Sixteen

Results in Author's Note! It was really fun reading those comments! Lol, anyways! The answer to the last riddle was FIRE! New riddle:

From the beginning of eternity

To the end of time and space

To the beginning of every end

And the end of every place.

What am I?

-Chapter Sixteen- 

Jake was wearing a pair of tan shorts that stopped at his knees and a white V-neck shirt. A pair of black Ray Bans covered his green eyes. Okay, just because there is a hot guy standing in the driveway doesn’t mean I have to freak out, right? Jake looked even better now that I could finally see him in person.

“Sorry, Boo-Bear,” the brunette apologized, who I’m guessing was Olivia. “I forgot.”

“It’s okay, Livvi. Go in and see Vicky, okay?” The two little girls ran passed me and into the large house.

 Jake turned to me and smiled. How come he isn’t some kind of freaking male model? I mean, look at him! And that smile in person is just. . . Amazing.

“So, what do you want to do?” I asked.

“Go get your bathing suit,” he demanded.

“Why do you want me to. . .?”

“Because we’re going surfing!”

Surfing, what? Then my eyes widened in realization. “Jake! I am not going surfing! I don’t even—”

“—Know how to surf,” he finished for me. “I’ll teach you, duh. So, you in for it?”

I shook my head. “Jake, you do know that I’m deathly afraid of the ocean, right?”

He grinned at me, trying to stifle back a laugh. “You’re afraid of the ocean?” he asked. “Why?”

I scowled at him and answered the question. “Because there are sharks, and sorry, but I’m not the kind of person who enjoys getting eaten alive.”

“You think you’re going to get eaten by a shark? Trust me, you won’t. I’ve been surfing for what, nine years now? I’ve never even seen a shark out here before. And if a shark does decide to eat you, then I’ll protect you with these big guns,” he said, showing off his muscles. “This one is Thunder and the other one is Lightning.”

I giggled at his oh-so-huge muscles. “Whoa, they’re so big!” I told him sarcastically. “Better put those guns away. Don’t want to hurt someone.” I patted his shoulder.

“Fine.” He put his arms down. “Now go get your bathing suit.”