Chapter Three - Heather's Gay Panic

Y/N's POV

"Who are you?" Heather questions.

"Uh... Veronica Sawyer. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, but this better not be stupid. This could be your only chance to ask me something," 

"Um. Can I sit at your table at lunch, just this once? No talking necessary, it's just that if people think you tolerate me, they'll leave me alone..." All three Heathers laugh at Veronica before she interjects "Before you answer, I also do report cards, permission slips, absence notes..."

"What about prescriptions?" Heather Duke interrupts.

"Shut up, Heather,"

"Sorry, Heather,"

Chandler then moves towards Veronica and inspects her face closely. "For a greasy little nobody, you do have good bone structure..."

"And a symmetrical face!" McNamara adds, "If I took a meat cleaver down the center of your skull, I'd have matching halves,"

"I guess, but you could stand to lose a few pounds," Duke says.

"But you know, Y/N, you aren't all that bad either," Chandler turns to me and says. "There are a few things we could improve on the both of you... why don't we give you a Heathers approved makeover,"

Before I knew it, Veronica and I had been swept away in Heather Duke's car, seeing as Chandler took the bus to school rather than her car, and stopped at the mall to get Heathers approved clothes, makeup, and anything else we needed that the Heathers deemed appropriate. Not to mention Heather Chandler paid for all of it.

We arrive at Chandler's house rather than back at school, and I turned to Veronica to see her face frozen in shock as a reaction to how big Chandler's house was. I myself wasn't too surprised, seeing as I lived across the street from her. 

Veronica turned towards me and whispered, "You didn't mention your house was this big!" 

I shrugged and turned away, replying "My dad has a well-paid job. We wanted to get a nice house for our move,"

"What are you girls whispering about back there? Oh, whatever, it doesn't matter. Just hurry up, we need to get you ready," Chandler snapped, continuing to lead the group to the front door. 

Heather Chandler's POV - TWO HOURS LATER

Duke, McNamara, and I spent about two hours perfecting Y/N and Veronica's new looks, and they look pretty good, if I do say so myself. Especially Y/N. Who knew she could rock a blazer? 

Fuck. 

Don't tell me I'm already attracted to her. I can't be. If my parents knew I were into girls, they'd kick me out. I can't handle the shame. 

Snap out of it, Heather! I reminded myself. You can't act like this. You have a reputation to uphold. 

"Um, Heather? You ok?" Y/N asked, noticing I had been facing my mirror, but not quite looking at it for a bit too long. 

Forcing myself to put my signature smile back on, I turned around from the mirror to face Y/N and the rest of the girls. "Yeah, I'm fine. Well, you're done! You two look great!" 

"Surprisingly," Duke said under her breath. 

"Shut up, Heather," I snapped instinctively.

"Why are you defending them? They've barely been let into our group and you're already protecting them. I guess Chandler is a softie after all," Duke retorts, with a smirk on her face I would love to slap right off.

Not this again. Why AM I defending them? Because of Y/N? I can't get attached. Or let myself become a "softie" like Duke said. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey besties 😏😏😏 um so plot twist i actually write wtf !!! meg writing no way impossible

ITS BEEN LITERALLY ALMOST 7 MONTHS I AM SO SORRY. also yes this is 50% shorter than normal but im drained from finals @ school and havent been inspired to write this story so

hope you enjoyed and hopefully i dont take a super long hiatus this time HFJKDSHGJFD

[581 words, not including author's notes]