retreat, retreat, retreat

Mulai dari awal

While she was off balance, she shoved her, which sent Mady sliding through the wet grass. The backs of her legs stung.

Her mother leaned towards her, in an attempt to keep her down. "You're a fool for coming back here." She hissed. Mady struggled against her as she watched JJ continue to wrestle with Luke over her shoulder. "Stay out of it." Her mother warned. "Trust me."

Mady furrowed her eyebrows. She couldn't tell if the woman was high or not. The baggie of cocaine was still in her back pocket. I wonder what she'd be willing to do to get it.

"Why'd you do it," Mady questioned. The sentence was word vomit. She had no intentions to say it.

This time, Tanya's eyebrows furrowed. She didn't speak.

"Why!" Mady shouted at her, shaking the collar of her tattered shirt.

Her expression tightened and she looked more serious than Mady had ever seen. As Mady looked at her, she could see all the wrinkles and grey hairs that had accumulated over the past three years.

"Don't come back here, Mady. Don't do it." She hissed in warning.

Mady stared back at the woman, confusion clearly highlighting her face. "Don't." She shook her head multiple times.

"-You gave me nothing!" JJ screamed from across the lawn. Mady looked past her mother holding her down to see JJ on top of Luke again. "You gave me nothing but a shitty life!" His voice was raw and a cracked with each word that rattled through his body.

Mady and her mother watched from a distance as he landed punch after punch, screaming as he did it.

"All you ever did," He shouted, punching again, "Was try and scare me!"

Mady's heart broke into a million pieces as she watched him break down a few feet from her.

"Well, guess what, Dad?" He screamed, picking up a wrench from a little bag of tools to his side. He held it above his head and Mady nervously anticipated his next move.

In all honesty, Luke deserved everything he got and more. JJ deserved better. JJ deserved the whole world, but this man was too selfish to see that.

For that reason, Mady's heart sunk slightly as he let the wrench drop from his grip.

"I ain't scared of you anymore." He whispered. They both sat frozen for a moment and Mady could hear JJ's quiet sobs.

He stood up slowly, retrieving his hat and a blue container from the back porch, before he disappeared through the back door.

Mady glanced at her mother who released her grip. She wanted to question her and find out everything, but JJ needed someone right now.

She scurried to her feet, now looking down on the woman who kneeled below her. "Don't come back." She whispered.

Mady tore her gaze away as she trudged towards the house. She slowed her pace as she reached Luke. He glanced up at her, pleading with his eyes for her to leave him alone.

She scoffed at the disgusting man before her. "JJ deserves so much better than you," She shook her head before turning and following JJ through the house.

He had knocked things from the walls, and pushed a few chairs around, unless of course the house was like that already- Mady doubt that though.

She pushed open the front door and saw JJ trudging down the street infront of her.

She placed one hand on her hip and the other shielded the sun from her eyes. "Where are you going?" She shouted.

"Away!" He shouted back, continuing to walk.