"How was your day?"

Laying back, I echo her sigh. "Stressful. It was really stressful."

"You know what's a great stress reliever?" Lia's tone of voice gives away that she's feeling giddy.

"Hm?"

"Orgasms," She says simply, sounding like she's about to laugh.

I roll my eyes and sit back up. "You're right, but... I don't want to do it here, alone. I'd rather wait until I get home so we can... y'know."

"What if I stayed on the phone with you?" The girl suggests. "And did it, too?"

"I..." I lose my words for a second, a bit floored by her suggestion. "Do you mean like... phone sex?"

"Like phone sex, mhmm," I can almost hear the smirk on her lips. "We can if you want to."

"I do, I just... I'm really tired. I'm sorry," I apologize, hoping she won't be too disappointed.

Ophelia coos. "Don't be sorry, Spence. You wanna tell me more about your day?"

I shake my head before remembering that she can't see me. "Not really. Will you just talk to me? About anything..."

"Okay, let's see..." She starts, obviously trying to think of something. "Oh! I wanted to ask you about something, actually!"

"What is it?" I press the speakerphone button and set my phone on the bed so that I can get into sleep clothes while listening to her.

I hear let out a yawn. "Well, you can totally say no. Please don't feel obligated—"

I'm quick to cut her off. "Whatever it is, I'm saying yes."

"You don't even know what it is!"

I slide out of my shirt. "Well, the answer is 'yes'."

Lia laughs. "Alright, well, when you get home there's gonna be a swing installed in the living room."

I shake my head and fake a laugh. "Ha ha. Very funny. Seriously, though, what do you want to ask me?"

"Um... next month, well, at the end of June, we always have a family reunion to celebrate my tía's birthday. Family comes from everywhere and it's so much fun! I was just wondering if maybe you'd wanna come with me? We'd only stay a few days before coming back."

She wants me to come to a family reunion with her?

"Wow. Isn't that more... husband territory?" I attempt to joke, but I'm met with a few seconds of silence and then an awkward chuckle.

"Yeah, you're right," She says through the chuckle. "That's husband territory."

The line falls silent between us for a few seconds before I speak up.

"Um, so, how was work?"

I hear Lia sigh. "It was work. I'm glad I have tomorrow off. I'm totally wiped from this week."

"You and me both," I agree with her. There's another awkward silence before I decide that it's probably best to get off of the phone. "Hey, I should probably go to sleep."