A Halloween Surprise

"Sherlock! Look what I bought!" You shouted as you scrambled up the wooden stairs. You ran through the open door to find Sherlock seated at his laptop. "Sherlock, look! It's a little red riding hood costume," you said, inching closer towards him with a slight sway of your hips. His gaze traveled to the little red riding hood costume you held over the front of your body. His eyes widened and returned to normal in an instant. He cleared his throat before speaking.

"I don't like it," he mumbled. You frowned as he returned to his computer.

"I assume you aren't going to enjoy the costume I bought for you, either?" You tossed your costume on Sherlock's lap before reaching into a bag and pulling out a large grey costume. He sighed at your actions before looking at the fluffy excuse of a costume. You molded your face into the cutest smile you could muster. Sherlock began laughing at the monster you placed in front of him. He quickly stood up and took it from you.

"This is a costume? It looks more like a carpet, (Y/N)," he chuckled, "You want me to wear this to the Halloween party? Costumes are for children. Any child would actually be ashamed to wear these two costumes," his voice immediately turned from playful to serious.

"Well, these costumes aren't for children, Sherlock," you winked.

"They are characters from a children's book, but I suppose you're right. They're for foolish idiots," he retorted.

"Whatever, Sherly. How did you know about the party? I never mentioned it," you asked.

"I overheard your call with Mary about her and John's party. I assume you want me to go considering you bought me this carpet-costume. I had no intention of going, but it seems fairly important to you, so I have changed my mind. I'm not wearing this though," he explained. You rolled your eyes.

"Please wear this, Sherlock. You can't go as a high-functioning sociopath again. That isn't even a costume, love," you begged.

"I already told you, (Y/N), costumes are for children. Hiding behind another identity is the first part in committing a crime which I would most likely solve. Now, as much as I love a good murder, I don't find the use in needing to change who you are because (Y/N), you are perfect," he cupped your face between his warm hands and gave you a gentle kiss on the lips. You pulled away and smiled.

"Not gonna work, Sherlock," you laughed.

"Damn," he sighed with a look of failure. You picked up your costume and ran to the bathroom as Sherlock began pacing around the room. "Just to be clear, I'm not going to wear the costume, and I decided I'm not going to the party! It'll be a murder waiting to happen. I'd prefer to wait till after it happens."

"Fine!" You looked over yourself in the mirror one last time before exiting the bathroom. "Oh, Sherlock," you sang like a child. He looked over at you with a look of shock. The costume made you look absolutely adorable. Most girls had gone with a trashier version of your costume, but you didn't want to expose yourself too much. The collar came down like a low V-neck, but it didn't reveal too much. Your skirt came up to the middle of your thigh and you wore white panty hose underneath it. You wore red heels that gave you an extra inch in height. The best part of the costume was the cute red hood that you wore over your head. You looked absolutely beautiful. "Do you like it?" You asked, twirling around and modeling the outfit for him.

"I-I-wow," he responded.

"Wow! For the first time ever, Sherlock Holmes is speechless?" You gasped. A slight giggled escaped your lips as he rolled his eyes.

"You look beautiful. I have never seen anyone look as pretty as you," he mumbled as he wrapped his arms around your waist. You placed your hands on his shoulders.

"Thank you," you blushed slightly as you both swayed in the silent room. "I never thought I would be in a relationship with a stubborn, ignorant sociopath who has dozens of women swooning over him. It's kind of threatening," you said.

"Well, you are more beautiful than any of those wom-," The moment was interrupted by a giddy Ms. Hudson.

"Sherlo-oh my! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to interrupt," she said.

"It's quite alright Ms. Hudson. You didn't interrupt anything," you winked at Sherlock. He sighed.

"No need to hide it, dear. I understand. Sometimes you need to spice things up in your relationship. You know, when I was younger, I used to role play all the ti-MS. HUDSON! PLEASE!" Sherlock shouted. You giggled at his sudden outburst. She ran out with a frightened look on her face. Quickly, Sherlock shut the door behind her and returned to you. You laid your head on his chest and let the vibration of his words relax you.

"I love you, (Y/N)," he mumbled.

"I love you, too," you whispered. He lifted your chin, so you were looking up into his blue-green eyes. He leaned in for a kiss and you cooperated. His lips fit perfectly with yours. You felt his passion and love being transferred though the kiss. Before the kiss could get too heated, you pulled away. He frowned at your actions. "Maybe I would continue the kiss if you wore the costume to the party tonight," you teased. The corners of his mouth turned up slightly as you grabbed the "carpet."

"Well, maybe I don't need a kiss. Obviously, I have plenty of other women swooning over me that would love to finish the kiss," he mocked. You shrugged and walked away, finishing off your hair for the party.

"I'm off to the party, love. Don't have too many of your mistresses over while I'm gone, okay?" You gave him a final smile and wink before leaving.

As you sat in a chair next to John and Mary, you scanned everyone's costumes. You and Mary seemed to be the only women who didn't choose a more revealing costume. She chose to dress as an assassin, accompanying John's choice as a spy.

"Sherlock didn't want to come?" Mary asked.

"No, I tried convincing him to come as the big bad wolf, but he didn't want to. Then, he decided not to come altogether," you explained. She nodded understandingly.

"He is stubborn," John said. You laughed and nodded. You spotted a woman in a nurse's outfit walking towards you. Plenty of women had walked up to you and asked if you and Sherlock had broken up or where he was because you arrived alone, so you weren't surprised at her question.

"Hi, uh, (Y-Y/N), how are you, oh that's great. Where's Sherlock? Did you two break up?" Before you could answer, a deep voice answered her question.

"No, we're still dating," The voice said. You looked up to see a handsome man wearing a wolf costume. A huge smile spread across your face.

"Oh, hey, Sherlock, do you want to play doctor with me?" The girl asked. Sherlock looked down at her as she stroked his arm.

"Sure, I'll start. I'm sorry ma'am, but we seemed to have messed up on your nose job as it does not looks proportional to your lips or eyes at all. Perhaps you should get it re-done. Well, that was fun, but I think I should talk to my girlfriend now," Sherlock said as the girl hid her nose with her hands and began running away.

"You look wonderful," you giggled. John and Mary smiled as you gave Sherlock a hug.

"I feel like a fool, but thank you, (Y/N). I also seem to recall you saying you would finish that kiss if I wore this?" He asked.

"I did say maybe," you teased. Sherlock rolled his eyes and you leaned in to give the big bad wolf named Sherlock the best kiss ever.