The Fall

I have returned!!! Wow, I hadn't really been paying attention to the reads and whatnot, but 9k reads?!?! I'm so happy! Thank you all so much for sticking around despite my long hiatus and odd writing schedule! Although school is starting soon, I'm taking a writing course, so I can have more time to write, and my writing can improve! Anyhow, I'm sure you already know what this imagine is about...so...umm...yea...-xo                          
-Victoria

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Your breathing began to slow as you grew more tired from the long hours you were putting in with this whole Moriarty case. You, John, and Sherlock all sat in the science lab, pondering what Moriarty's next plans were. Sherlock bounced a stress ball around to accompany his thinking, but John had passed out on his own arm from a lack of rest. You sat on the floor, gazing over at Sherlock who had a neutral expression, bouncing the ball subconsciously.

  "Sherlock," you called out. No answer. "Sherlock, I know you can hear me," you said sternly. The thumping of the ball seized. He averted his gaze from the science equipment in front of him down to your eyes.

  "What is it, Y/N?" He asked, annoyed. You were slightly taken aback.  A light sigh escaped your lips.

  "Have you...have you thought of anything? Where Moriarty could've left the code to destroy Richard Brooke?" You asked, staring into his crystal blue eyes for any sign of hope. You didn't want Sherlock's career to be ruined or possibly his life. He may have been an arse, but you knew what he did for a living was saving people. He meant a lot to you and you did fancy him quite a bit, but that didn't matter. You can never lose someone like him because it would mean the criminals won.

  He stared at you, his eyes softening before returning to the equipment in front of him. He doesn't have anything, does he? John's phone suddenly went off, causing you to jump. You couldn't help the giggle that escaped your lips as John almost tumbled off the tall stool he sat on. 

  "Ugh...," he sighed. "Hello? What? What happened? Is she okay?" He stood up suddenly, a large weight seemed to have dropped on him. His eyes began to dart back and forth as whoever was on the other line spoke. You started to grow worried. Your gaze moved to Sherlock, who sat expressionless, staring at John. "Oh my god...right, yes I'm coming," he mumbled before ending the call and pacing around the room.

  "John, w-what happened?" You asked, jumping to your feet. "Is everything alright?"

  "Paramedics...Mrs. Hudson's been shot," he sputtered sadly. Your heart felt like it was being twisted up. You couldn't speak.

  "W-w...wha-what? How?" Sherlock interrupted you, not seeming the slightest bit concerned. To him, it seemed like he had been told the Earth goes around the sun. Not of importance.

  "I don't know. Probably one of the assassins you-Jesus...Jesus, she's dying we have to go," John explained. You both began jogging towards the large double doors before Sherlock spoke up in a monotone, not giving a flying fuck, voice.

  "Not now, I'm busy," he lectured. You both turned in shock. Busy? What? John's eyes widened before glaring a hole into Sherlock.

  "Busy? BUSY?! Doesn't she mean anything to you?!" You both yelled in unison. Sherlock's eyes softened for a second when he looked towards your slightly, teary eyes. His eyes returned to normal as he gazed at John.

  "She's my landlady," Sherlock retaliated. You noticed John clenching his fists at the corner of your eye. You placed a calm, reassuring hand on John's arm.

  "Let's just go," you whispered, pulling him out of the room.

  "The emotionless twat," John mumbled under his breath as you both paced down the hall. As you arrived outside, you called a cab, and jumped in. John, seeming too livid to speak, just stared out the window.