Chapter 5 ~ Trigger

I woke up and groaned. The bright sun was shining in my face, reminding me that I forgot to close the curtains yesterday before I fell asleep. Well, then I have to get up...

I got up and dressed and walked downstairs to the breakfast buffet. "Nara, wait up!" I heard the familiar sound of Hagen's voice. "What's up?" I asked, not even turning around and took a plate and took some pancakes. "Have you talked to Rain yet?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. "I just got up Einstein" I said and took some Nutella and went to a free table and started eating. "But you're gonna do it today, right?" He asked and I groaned and put my fork down. "If you're not stopping to annoy me, I'm going to do NOTHING!!" I almost yelled. "Now let me eat" I said and took my fork again and continued eating.

"Nara" I heard the voice of Rain, who looked different than usual. The always perfectly style girl was wearing a hoodie in blue and bright green shorts and red boots. "Rain? Have you checked yourself in the mirror before you left the room? You look like a parrot!!" I said and she sat down on a chair at my table. "I couldn't sleep tonight..." She whined. "Why that?" I asked and took another bite of that pancake. "I'll answer if I get one of those" She said and starred at my pancakes. "Deal" I said and she took one and took a bite from it. "Let's go!" I said and paid attention to her. "Well, I had a dream.. About someone and the same someone over and over again. I can't get him of my mind and now he's here" She whined. "Are you by any chance talking of Hagen?" I asked and she nod.

"Well, he's having dreams about you too" I said and she looked freaked out. "WHAT!?" Okay, she was freaked out. "Hey, don't forget that you are having the same dreams!!" I said and she calmed down a little. "Wait... How do you know that?" She asked and I became pale. "HAGEN!" I yelled and he ran by in seconds. I got up and pushed him down onto the chair I just got up from. "Talk!" I said and took the last pancake from my plate and brought the plate again, when I almost run into my brother. "Woo woo woo, where are you going??" I held him back. "Breakfast" He said and wanted to walk pass me, but I held him back. "No! Don't interrupt Rain and Hagen, you showing up there will interrupt them and I can listen to it for the next few days, so don't go there!!" I said

"But I am hungry" He whined and I thought for a second. "Take this!" I said and handed him my pancake, "But now get back upstairs and keep mom, dad, Rahja and Antra from coming down here!!" I said and dragged him up the stairs again. He disappeared in his room and I in mine. I washed my hands and grabbed the books and continued reading the ones about the powerless witches, again nothing I didn't already know.

I decided to bring the books back, so I gathered them and put them in my bag and walked downstairs were a bright smiling Rain passed me. "Remember to change" I yelled after her, but I had no idea if she heard me. I laughed and went downstairs and saw that Hagen was much different than Rain. They must have talked about everything, which made me happy.

I hurried out the hotel and back to the library and gave the the books back, when I saw the annoying boy from yesterday and decided it's payback time. I sneaked up behind him "Boo" I yelled and now he was the one that screamed. "I never saw a bad boy screaming" I laughed and sat down beside him. "Uh, what are you reading?" I asked and took the book from him. "Hey, give that back" He said and I looked at the title "The rules of the elementa patieris?" I read out loud and looked at him. "Why are you reading that?" I asked interested and he took the book back. "What's your name annoying girl?" He asked and put the book down beside him. "Nara. You?" I asked.

"Baxton" He answered and I looked at him and laughed. "So, it's not so funny to be scared by some annoying person, is it Baxton?" I asked and let out a small laugh. "You're right, won't do that again" He said and I laughed. "Yeah right, I know bad boys, they never stop" I said and he smirked. "You're so right" He said, took the book and got up. "Are you coming or what?" He asked and I smiled and walked after him. He gave the book to the librarian and told her to keep it and that he will get it later.

Then we went to the forest and inside of it. "What are we doing here?" I asked, but he didn't answer. We kept walking for 30 minutes until we stopped on a glade. He took his black jacket off and lied it down on the ground. I was just standing there, leaning against a tree and watched him. Now that his jacket was off, I could see his muscles on his arm.

"How many times do I have to tell you to come!?" He asked and I pushed away from the tree and walked over to him. "Take your jacket off" He told me and I might have been confused, but I did it and put it down beside his. "You don't have your powers yet, right?" He asked and I nod. I was used to confirming this question, which didn't made this easier. "Maybe they show up, when you in need of protection" He said. "What?" I asked, but he was already casting a spell that made me scream out of pain. "STOP!!" I yelled, but he didn't. I tried to ignore the pain and concentrate at myself and the wish of protection grew more and more in me, until suddenly the pain became less.

Then it was completely gone and I got back on my feet. Uh, I was angry. "Are you freaking crazy!!" I yelled at him and suddenly he was flying against a tree behind him. "Oh my gosh!!" I screamed out and ran over to him. "What happened?" I asked as I got onto my knees next to him. "That was you" He answered. "Yeah right" I said and he looked at me with a serious look. "Nara, that was you!!" He repeated and I got onto my feet. "I don't have my powers" I said and he got up. "Do you really think I threw myself against that tree!?" He said and pointed at the tree he just flew against.

I turned around and faced a rock lying a few feet away and rose my hand and concentrated. Suddenly the rock levitated. I shook my hand back and it fell to the ground again and I turned around. "That was you!!" I said a little shocked and still angry. "No, not me! I swear, I would never do something lame like that! I was born for something way cooler" He said and I rolled my eyes.

I looked at him and concentrated. "Woo!! Nara, what are you doing!?" He asked a little bit scared. I concentrated as good as I could and suddenly he was flying. "You aren't doing that?" I asked just to be sure. He rose both arms into the air "I swear" He said and I moved my hands down and put him back on the ground.

"I got my powers!! I GOT MY POWERS!!!" I yelled and started to jump around because of my happiness. "Wait, how did you know that this will work?" I asked and he looked at me and smirked. "I thought anger will trigger them and I was right" He said and I wrapped my arms around him. "Thank you sooo much Baxton" I said and he was trying to free himself. "Nice try" I said and laughed.

"I have no idea how I am ever gonna repay you!!" I said still happy and totally overwhelmed. "There is no need to thank me, but if you tell anyone that I helped you, I'll kill you" He said and I laughed. "Deal" I said and she shook hands on it.

After dancing around on the glade for a little while, Baxton and I lied down and just looked into the sky. Today was the best day of my life. I smiled and took my phone. "What are you doing?" He asked and sat up. "What do you think, taking a selfie" I said and posed. I took the photo and looked at it and saw that Baxton photobombed me. I laughed and showed it to him. "Didn't thought you know what a photobomb is" I said and he played offended. "I'm from New York originally I have you know" He said and I laughed. "Why you're here then?" I asked. "Just let us forget about that for now" He said and grabbed my phone. "HEY!" I yelled and tried to get it back, but he took another selfie and another one and another one. "Hey!!" I said as I finally got up and jumped onto his back and he made another selfie, then he finally gave me my phone back. "I like this one" I said and showed him the one, where I was on his back.

"Yeah, that turned out pretty great" He confessed as he got his jacket. "What are you doing?" I asked, still with the smile on my face. "Take a look on the clock" He said and I did so, my smile fainted and my eyes widen. "It's 8:55pm" I said shocked. I put my phone away fast and got into my jacket.

We hurried out of the forest and went in different directions. I hurried to the hotel and hurried in my room. I threw my jacket on the chair and smiled. I looked at my metal bed and reformed the barre at the end and made it straight with magic and smiled. I have my powers. My smile grew brighter.

I went to take a shower and hurried into bed. It was 9:45pm by now and tomorrow is a long day, so.. Good night and good night powers. Man, I'm happy.