" Man, now I feel bad for calling you a fugitive. You know what? Just be at the office after lunch, don't rush it," he said. She chuckled at his remark. " Okay, thanks," 

Once her phone call was done she turned to Bruce again. " I've got permission," she said. " I've heard," he replied ina light tone. " Would you like me to come with you?" he followed up almost immediately. 

She shook her head. In normal terms, she'd love that because ever since she was a kid she never liked to visit the doctor alone. But she knew he was extra busy today with the launch coming up and she didn't want to be an obstacle over his work.

" No, I can go, besides you have a meeting at 10.30 with the board, don't you?" she asked. He sighed. " I do, but I can postpone it," he offered. She gave him a look. " Bruce, today is an important day, I know you must have a bunch of things to do. Don't worry, it's just the doctor," she pleaded.

He sighed. " Fine, if you say so," he mumbled. She smiled. " You should stop worrying about that and instead focus on the speech you are supposed to be giving, have you finished it yet?" she asked, changing the topic.

" Yeah, I mean, it's almost done, then I'll send it to the guys to revise it," he answered. " Sounds like a plan mister," she said then got up. " I'll get out of your way and rest for a while before I go out," she said.

Bruce grabbed her hand and pulled her close. " Sounds like a plan," he imitated her, " But aren't you forgetting something?" he asked. She rolled her eyes. " I promise to try not to overstress," she sighed. He smiled, " That's my girl," he replied.

Skylar shifted uncomfortably in the waiting lounge. She knew there was nothing to be ashamed of going to the doctor but for some reason she never liked it, it made her uneasy. Although Dr. Smith was a very kind doctor and she had been very friendly the last time Skylar came. 

It was about a year ago when Bruce and Skylar took a trip to the Bahamas for her birthday. Obviously because of their responsibilities they only had a weekend getaway, but every moment of the trip was amazing and she didn't have any negative feelings over not being able to stay longer. 

And they spend one day of the weekend inside the retreat, completely taking advantage of all the available services but as for the other day, both Skylar and Bruce were feeling particularly adventurous so they left the hotel to discover the Bahamas. And since they only had a day to reel it all in, they kind of mixed everything up. They tried every food and with the hot air of the Bahamas unusual for Skylar since she never lived somewhere that humid and hot, it didn't mix well.

  One of the things they picked up from the street food triggered her allergies on the way back to Gotham so they went to Dr. Smith back then and she was very friendly and good at her job. That was one of the things Skylar told herself to calm down, she knew the doctor and she was okay. 

" Miss Jones? The doctor will see you now," the assistant said to Skylar. " Oh, okay," she mumbled and grabbed her bag, and started to follow the assistant. Dr.Smith had a medium-sized office, a desk, computer, and couched on the right side and all the medical examination equipment on the left side.

Skylar sat on one of the couches and put her bag down.  " Miss Jones, welcome back, what seems to be the problem?" she asked kindly as she readjusted her glasses. Skylar sighed. " I've been nauseous and threw up twice. We thought it might be due to the allergies again, like the last time," she explained. 

" Hmm," the doctor said. " Are there any other unusual symptoms you seem to be having?" she asked. Skylar started to bite the insides of her cheek. She knew that technically she was supposed to be honest with her doctor and her doctor wouldn't judge anything she said, she took an oath and it was her job.