this doesnt make any sense [22]

Denki is definitely one of my favorite

Shinso POV (it autocorrected to Shindō)

Izuku had ended up dragging us to his 'home'. It's really just an alleyway but he somehow made it seem like an actually home. It's in the more deserted part of Hosu.

He had mentioned something about leaving and moving somewhere else soon. But I couldn't care less. I didn't realise how much I actually missed him until I saw him take 14 fucking bullets for us! It's amazing that he's still standing!

"Izuku fucking Midoriya." I cursed. He stopped talking and looked at me. He tilted his head in confusion. "You fucking got shot 14 times. How are you still alive?" I question the greenette.

He grins and lifts up his shirt to see a bulletproof vest. "That's how. And those bullets weren't even that big. So it was very unlikely for them to even go through the vest at most." he explained. I heard Kyoka let go of a breath that I didn't know she was holding in. I think we were both honestly expecting him to be bleeding out.

"Did you two actually think that I would let that kill me of all things?" he grinned while pulling his shirt down.

"Alright. Zuku, are you going to explain?" Kyo whispers. He looks at us before sighing. "I thought it would be obvious. I left because I didn't want to get caught." he says.

"Caught? What the hell do you mean?! They were helping you. You almost fucking die and all you could think about was that you were 'caught'?" I half shout. "What else was I supposed to think?" he counters.

"Izuku! Me, Kyoka, and Katsuki were there! We wouldn't have let anything happen! Yet you want to be so stubborn and not believe it! Nothing would have happened!" I shout back. "How am I supposed to know that, huh? Their job is to capture vigilantes and villains. They are pro heroes. Of course I'm going to be freaked out that I was basically cornered by a bunch of fucking pros! Not to mention that you guys randomly spring on me about how I worried mom! I wanted to spend her last moments with her! Not in some stupid nurses office!" he yells.

"L-last moments?" I whisper. "Yes! She's fucking dead! Why? Because of the fucking heroes go damn it!" he shouts while punching a wall, cracking and denying it.

"What do you mean because of the heroes?" Kyoka pipes up.

"She had gotten horribly injured. She was held as a hostage against a hero. The villains quirk did something to her and it ended up slowly killing her. It didn't help that she already had lung cancer. It just sped up the process." he says. We just process everything he's saying and don't say anything. He sighs and continues.

"The hero didn't even do anything. All he did was just wait. And fucking wait. Why? Because 'my quirk wasn't suited for this situation' bullshit. Same thing happened with Kacchan! Nobody did anything, yet when I do something, I get yelled at! This world is so fucked up!" he ranted. He slumped to the floor and pulled his knees to his face. He then stuffed his face in his knees and stayed so still and quiet, you would have thought he was dead.

"Izu-" I start but was quickly cut off by a noise that I've never heard come out from Izuku.

He's sobbing. He broke down. Right there. Me and Kyo aren't equipped for this type of situation.

We've never seen him breakdown before. He's always been the one to help us.

We sit down beside the boy and both wrap out arms around him, pulling him into a hug. I rested my head on his shoulder while Kyoka was fiddling with his hair. Through experience, we know how much he craves positive physical affection. Head pats, pets, hair ruffles, even hugs sometimes.

"Izuku." Kyoka coos softly to the boy. "No. I'm sorry." he says quietly, suppressing his crying to sniffles. "You have nothing to be sorry for." she says. "But I do. I made you, Kacchan, and Toshi worry. I didn't mean to. I just- I shouldn't cry. Crying isn't going to get me anywhere. It just m-makes me weak and-" I cut him off since I've heard enough.

"Zuku. That's not true. We were worried because we care. Even if Katsuki won't admit it, he was worried. We all were. Heck, even Dad and Papa were. It's because we care. You like my little brother Izuku. We all see you as a brother. Crying doesn't make you weak. It's what makes you human. We may not completely understand or know what you're going through. But we will still be here." I finished with ruffling Zuku's hair.

Kyoka POV

It's kind of weird to see Izuku crying. In the four years that I've known him, not once have I seen him cry. He's always been there whenever me and Hito breakdown, heck even when Kat did. But it's just so terrifying to see someone who's always so snarky and strong breakdown right in front of you.

"Izu." I whisper, breaking our comfortable silence that had fallen on us. He hums in acknowledgement. "Did that lady.. die?" I ask quietly. He lifts his head and stares at me with these dull green orbs. He slowly nods. "I'm sorry. You shouldn't have seen that." he apologised. "No. I'm sorry. I'm the one that hit the gun out of the way. But you were going to die since it was pointed right at your head." Hito apologised.

"Let's just forget about it." Izuku whispers. I nod and lay my head back onto his shoulder. "Aren't your parents going to be worried or something?" Izuku asks quietly. "Dad and Pa-" Wait.

"Dad and Pa?" Izuku questions with a grin. "Good to know. Continue." he says. "Stop it Zuku! Dadzawa and Papamic think that I'm at Kyo's house." he answers while softly hitting the greenette. "And my parents are out of town." I add. "They in Hosu?" Izuku jokes. "Nah. More like other side of Japan." I said. He nods and looks at us both.

"So. UA. How's that going? Training wise." he said. "Aizawa's been training me nonstop and I have no idea how he can be so fast!" Hitoshi complains. "What, you two spar?" he asks with an amused look. "Yeah. And he's crazy good!" he huffs. Izuku just shakes his head.

"I'm just working out with my quirk, and sparring with Hito." I said. Izu nods before he grins. "Maybe I should train you two. And Kacchan!" he suggests.

"We've been saying that for years now!" me and Hitoshi practically shout at Izuku which causes him to laugh quietly.

word count: 1141

i'm going to try and post a chapter every day for pride month!

happy pride month!!

hope everyone has a wonderful and safe pride month