One

'Today students from all over England and Wales will be going to their schools and colleges to get their A level results.The usual feeling of excitement and trepidation is in the air, but this year particular attention is being paid at one school in particular - St. Mary's Institute for Young Ladies which is the school Princess Caroline attends.

'Press are already lining the street waiting for the princess to arrive, and many think His Majesty the King will be with her. There will be no confirmation of Princess Caroline's results until it is announced by the palace. Caroline took three A levels which are physics, chemistry and maths, and she also took Biology as AS level. She will get results for - '

'Ugh, do we have to listen to that again?' Caroline asked and sat down to put shoes on.

Eddie switched the TV off. 'Excited?'

'Yeah.'

'Going like that?'

She was in khaki cargo-shorts, a navy t-shirt and a green and blue tartan shirt. It was her battered brown boots she was pulling on. 'Yeah. It's only results day. Besides, I can't wear two great outfits in one day.'

'I suppose not. Are you ready for tonight?'

'Yeah.'

'Get that tiara issue sorted.'

Caroline rolled her eyes. There had been an argument over who would wear which tiara, started by a cousin, that the women of the family had turned to Caroline to sort as Eddie hadn't been able to muster up a fig of sympathy for any of them. She'd resorted to telling the "bratty cousin" to wear whichever tiara was left and deal with it.

'Yeah. It was fairly simple. Until the earring war started anyway.'

'Oh yeah?'

'I told the two who were arguing to sort it out or not wear earrings at all. Such stupid things to argue over. Ok, I'm ready. Let's go.'

They headed downstairs and got into the waiting Bently.

They passed through the palace and the security preparations for later with ease and an escort of security personnel cars joined them outside the palace gates. London life passed around them as normal as they drove to school. It was a hot august day and there were more tourists than locals in some places, but tourists and locals alike waved at them and took photos.

As soon as they got to the street Caroline's school was on, photographers went wild. It was worse when they got out of the car as the calling of questions started up in earnest, and the police who were in attendance had to remind them to stay back even though there were barriers up.

As soon as they were inside, the photographers went all but silent.

There was no one to greet them. Both Eddie and Caroline were glad and happily went to the library where the results were being given out. On the way, girls waved and wished Caroline luck.

'Hey, Elle,' Caroline called and caught up with the tall, white skinned and haired girl.

Elle squinted at Caroline, finished cleaning her glasses and put them on. 'Oh. Hey, Caroline. Did your dad make it?'

'Yeah. How are you feeling?'

'I'm really nervous about the history one. Either it went well, or it really didn't. You?'

'I'm alright. Not like I need grades to get into the army.'

'It's alright for you then, huh?'

'I'm sure you'll be fine.'