Alternate Ending - Percabeth

"Percy, you can't pull me up." Annabeth said looking up at him.

  "I'll try." Percy said with tears in his eyes, knowing that he could only last for so long.
  His grip was loosening both on Annabeth's hand and the edge of the cliff-face. Percy looked into the dark endless chasm. A one way trip to Tartarus. He couldn't bear to loose Annabeth again.

"Percy let me go." Annabeth cried.

  "No I won't loose you again," he protested. "We promised that we wouldn't leave each other again."

  Annabeth gasped. The spider web had tightened around her ankle like someone was pulling on it. She couldn't bear the pain anymore.

  Percy looked above him. "Nico!" he called. "Meet us at-"

  "Percy, I'm sorry." Annabeth apologized.
"What do you mean, Annabeth?" Percy asked. He felt Annabeth's hand slip out of his. Percy looked back down to where Annabeth was, but now she falling into the pit of darkness.
  Percy's grip on the cliff-face was weakening. He pulled himself up. Percy crawled onto dirt, and looked over the cliff. Percy saw Annabeth's small body falling further and further away from him.

  "I'm sorry!" She shouted "I love you, Seaweed Brain."

  Percy's eyes filled with tears.

  "Annabeth!" he screamed, but Annabeth couldn't hear him anymore. Her blonde curls faded into the shadows along with the rest of his Wise girl.

"Percy, the cave is going to collapse, we have to go!" Nico called. He wasn't going to leave until Annabeth was by his side. Nico appeared by his side and clutched his shoulder. As he and Nico vanished into the shadows, he could still her Annabeth's last words replaying in his mind.

I love you Seaweed Brain.

I know this one was short but I still enjoyed writing it. Don't forget to vote pls!

Tess ✌🏻