"the angel" sneak peek

- prologue -

Once, many, many times ago, there was an angel. Rather, angles, ruled by the one God. There were two specific angels: Michael and Samuel.

Now, Michael was special, for he was the leader of the Army of God and good Angel of Death. But being the good Angel of Death was his second role. Constantly, Satan would try and overflow God and the angels, but Michael would always find a way to defeat Satan's armies and drive them back to hell. When the living were dying, Michael would come down from the Heavens and give each dying soul a chance to right their wrongs. When those wrongs would be redeemed, he would carry them to Heaven, thus antagonizing the Devil and his minions down under.

Samuel was not as special as Michael, and was often angered by the fact that Michael was getting more attention than he. It was said that Samuel was the guardian angel of Esau and a willing patron to the oh so very sinful empire of Rome. As time passed, the purity in his heart vanished, and he became bitter.

It is said that when Samuel was doing his job as guardian angel, the Devil came to visit him when he thought no one was looking. Satan plagued Samuel's mind with lies about how the angels and God disowned him and thought him less, thus enraging the peevish angel. Satan--so called Lucifer before he became a fallen angel--offered to take him in and "treat him like a son more than God ever would," for he related his hatred for being overlooked. And right there, he thanked Satan and swore allegiance to him.

But there are always eyes watching.

One angel whom God put complete faith was hidden away from their sight, listening intently to the conversation. His name? Why, it was the messenger Gabriel, of course. He fled back to the Kingdom of God, where he revealed his tale to all ears. The King and Michael wept, their hearts torn in two. Why would one such as Samuel do this? So when Samuel returned back to the Holy Kingdom, he was banished and never to return, thus becoming a fallen angel who rebelled against God.
Angered and betrayed, the angel swore his revenge and left. Only two nights later was the messenger angel slayed, his head detached from his body, and his arms filled with laceration wounds.

Right then, he changed his name from Samuel to Sameal... meaning venom of God.

The Devil was pleased with his work, and granted Samael the title of "Angel of Death", which the angel took happily. He slayed his good selves, taking their lives and keeping them from doing their duties in seventh and fifth Heaven. He became what people now know as the Grim Reaper, taking peoples lives and keeping them from going to Heaven. So filled with hate, Samael managed to persuade Satan into starting a war with God. Satan happily obliged, and marked his declare by killing an innocent and pure angel of God and burning a little village in Jerusalem.

It was then that the Almighty was in a predicament. He did not want to send his angels down to fight and die, but he knew that he had to. Michael offered to stand up to his role as Guardian Angel and live up to his name, even if it meant sacrificing himself.

The two armies met on the battlefield in what is now Nottingham, England, both ready to fight for their masters. While Michael wore golden armor, Samael had a thick black with blood streaked armor, his helmet above his head, concealing his blood red eyes. The horn sounded, and the two armies charged.

It was said that Samael slew many, and Michael too few, for killing caused him great pain. But when the time came, and Samael was separated from Satan, Michael slew his master who was in dragon form, cutting off his head. It was here that Samael was devastated, calling a full retreat. The remaining minions of the Devil grabbed his body and his head and fled back to Hell, where they proposed a proper ceremony. Samael wept in Satan's chair, sad and angered by the fact that his hatred caused his great leader to diminish.

But his anger fueled him, for he ascended to the throne, as he thought that he was Satan's successor. The minions bowed down to him, and Samael swore that he would soon be back to make the angels and God pay when his full strength was renewed.

Now, as nearly over 1,200 years of peace passed, strange things are happening. People dying randomly, turning bitter, and explosions are happening frequently in Locksley. Michael's strength begins to wan away as those people die, for he cannot bring them to Heaven in time.

The angels need a hero to restore the balance and keep the peace.

They need a hero to lead the Army of God and defeat the evil.

They need one who's love for one is strong, but is willing to forget all about him in order to save him.

They need her.

*****

boom bam there it is.