kim feels like her heart is being pulled down. if it's a battle between her and peter, she stands a chance. but if katrien is involved, she knows that even she would tell pie to make it up with her husband.

it's a mismatch because katrien's the most important person in the world to pie, more than kim, more than her mom, and even her husband. and kim won't blame pie for that.

she holds pie's shoulders and puts on a brave mask.

"look. don't worry about me getting hurt anymore. i'm fine. i'll be fine," she says with full sincerity. "i know your husband already made a decision for the two of you but if you still want to make up with him, i would understand. i don't want to keep hurting katie either. and it'll be easier for me to stay away from you and her knowing she hates me now."

pie's face shifts into worry. "kim..."

kim cups pie's cheek. "i... i want you back. i want you back so bad," she says, desperate, needy. "i know made a mistake before. i left you, and i regret it up to this very second. and if you'll give me a chance, i promise--no, i swear--i'll make it right this time. i'll fight for you no matter what. i won't give up. i'll never leave you again."

this causes pie to break into a crying mess again as she holds kim's hand on her cheek.

"but if..." kim pauses, preventing her voice from breaking. "if being with me would cause you and katie so much pain, just say the word and i'll stay out of your lives forever."

"no..." pie shakes her head. "no, kim. no." she cups kim's face this time. "don't say that, please." she loops her arms around the taller woman and hugs her. "you can't... i need you... i know i should have talked to you sooner about this but a lot is going on right now and i'm worried about katrien. but i don't want to lose you again. please don't go..."

kim closes her eyes, feeling pie's warmth. "but what about katie? she wouldn't want to see you with me. she'll hate you for it."

"i can assure you that you separating and pie getting back with peter won't fix the issue with katrien," an incoming voice said, startling pie and kim. it was pie's mom. "even if you fix everything with peter and continue your marriage, katrien will still remember this day for the rest of her life. and it will just worsen her hatred towards kim."

pie pulls back from kim. "mom..."

the older woman folds her arms on her chest. "it's time that you two make things right together, not on your own. peter already gave you that chance. i don't understand why you are still complicating things."

"but, mom..."

"katie will eventually understand," says the woman, her voice firm. "she loves kim. she won't be mad at her forever. but you two, i hope you've already learned your lessons from your decisions before. you're old enough to know that giving up on each other won't help. you have to do it together, and you have to be firm because it won't be easy at first."

kim and pie just stare at the older woman, mouths open.

"you have already wasted a lot of time being apart. don't you think now's the best time to make up for it?"

pie took one step closer to her mom. "mom, are you saying--"

"i don't know how else i can say it so you would understand." the older woman rolls her eyes and sighs, pretending to be annoyed. "it's okay to worry about katie but don't let her stop you from being together again. she loves you both. i'm sure she'll learn to forgive and accept you. if you could convince me with your everlasting and unchanging love for each other, i'm sure you'll convince your daughter too."