hongyok reaches out for kim's hand on the table. "thank you. that means a lot to me, to us."

"well, since you mentioned suzy, you can bring her as your plus one," says conan. "i believe it would thrill everyone to see you with a date."

kim laughs silently. "nah."

"i still feel upset you and nam turned out to be more like best friends rather than lovers." conan sighs. "you two look good together. don't you two want to cross the line?"

"we're fine the way we are now," says kim, tapping her fingers on the table. "yes, i think we both liked each other for some time but it never went past that. besides, she recently got a boyfriend. let's not ruin their relationship." there was a pause as some thoughts linger until she voices it out absently. "maybe some things are just... just not meant to be..."

hongyok and conan remain silent, looking at kim eagerly.

realising what she said, kim clears her throat. she gestures to the menu instead. "shall we order food?"

"aren't we going to wait for suzy first?" hongyok asks.

kim checks her phone quickly. "she got held up at work a bit but will be here in a few minutes."

"you should have picked her up. hongyok and i can wait here," says conan.

"i offered, but she doesn't want me to get involved much in the celebrity stuff."

"wow. protective. are you two like together now?" hongyok asks.

"i dunno. we haven't talked about it yet," says kim. "it's been just a couple of days and i'm curious to see where this goes."

"you don't like her that much?" conan asks.

"eh... can't say yet. i mean, she's pretty, but it's too early to take things seriously."

"take your time, kim," says conan, reaching out for kim's hand on the table and rubbing a thumb over it. "we know this is the first time you've taken a chance in dating again after so many years. take it slow, please? i don't want you rushing into things and risk getting hurt again, especially with suzy who's got a reputation of being a playgirl."

kim smiles. "thank you for the concern. i promise i'll take it slow."

"speaking of, she's already here, kim." conan eyes the entrance to the restaurant.

kim looks over her shoulders, catching a sight of a goddess in a red sleeveless dress walking towards their table, her heeled shoes tapping on the marble floor.

tok... tok... tok... tok... tok...

kim flinches as a sudden uncanny feeling takes over. this scene is much more familiar than it should be--like a déjà vu.

tok... tok... tok... tok... tok...

everyone in the room is ogling at the woman who just came in, but kim's mind got trapped in a scene from her past, recalling a feeling coming out of nowhere.

suddenly, she found herself in the school auditorium again, sitting on the chair, waiting for the program to start.

then voices appear out of nowhere, whispering in her ears, reminding her of the familiarity. but despite the noise from the kids who are attending the orientation too, one voice stands out.

'i... i'm... pie...'

kim looks away, blinking.

'i... i'm... pie...'

"shit..." she brings a hand to massage her temples.

'i... i'm... pie...'

kim shakes her head, not wanting to drown in that memory again. she extends her arm, grasping for something, for anything that would bring her back to the present world.