Chapter 9-Valka Reunited

A/N Hey guys, expect an update in the next two or three days hopefully, and Merry Christmas for those of you who celebrate it!!😋😃

"Haha!! It's snowing!" cried Merida.
Rapunzel smirked,"And for once, it's not Jack doing it."
"Aww, come on guys, is it really that bad," asked the guardian of fun.
Hiccup gave him a look,"Nooooo, it's the one thing I look forward to in the mornings."
"Really?"
Hiccup smacked his face with his palm.
"Ever heard of sarcasm Jack?" Merida asked him.
They were in the courtyard and stopped on their way to lunch to admire the falling snow, and at this remark, Jack smiled mischievously.
"Think fast Punz!" he cried, and not a second later, a snowball landed on her head.
"Oooohh, you're asking for it now Jack!" she replied and threw one back at the guardian of fun.
Merida laughed at this,"Okay then, Everyone! Boys vs Girls!" she shouted.
And all the Hogwarts students who happened to be at the courtyard at that time joined in, in what was probably the largest snowball fight in the history in the school.
A professor stormed into the snow, demanding to know what was going on, but with all the fun and shouting, was not heard, and he decided to walk back in, muttering to himself,"Stupid kids..."
................
But, but b- started Toothless, staring at the man on the shore, what-how- I mean -I thought I- he was-
Hush, I know it is a lot to take in, replied Cloudjumper.
"Help me, please," called the quiet and croaky voice of Stoick,"My son, please," he called out.
What will we do? We can't just leave him here said Toothless.
Cloudjumper stopped to think, well I know for a fact that we can't put him on my back without a human's help, so we're going to have to find one first.
So shall I get Hiccup? asked Toothless.
No, way too far away, we will have to get someone from Berk, Cloudjumper replied, You are a Night Fury, you are fast, so I need you to get my human for me.
Toothless cocked his head, you mean Valka, right?
Indeed.
"Please..." Stoick croaked out of his dry throat.
Go, Toothless. May the speed of the wind be with you, Cloudjumper told him.
Toothless took off and looked down at the island. You could just about make out where the wooden remains of the dragon trapping fort was, and he could also see where the Bewilderbeast had frozen it with his icy breathe.
He went southward, to the small island of Berk where he'd find all the other Vikings and dragons.
................
The island felt quite empty without the gang on the island; it was only the older ones and the children.
Valka was alone in her house, sorting out all the mess. Who knew that two boys living together would create such mess- well, one boy. Tears started streaming down her cheek, despite her efforts not to cry. She tried thinking of something else. How about thinking of Cloudjumper. He'd been gone for days now, almost a week, but Valka was accustomed to dragons doing this sort of thing, he probably just wanted some time to himself which was perfectly fine by her, but it did get a bit boring from time to time. She couldn't really go flying without her dragon, could she, so she was stuck sorting things out on Berk. With her son at Hogwarts, the chief role was down to her and Spitelout, Stoi- Hiccup's uncle.
She was kneeling on the floor in Hiccup's bedroom, organising all those countless sheets of paper which were practically everywhere.
THUMP! THUMP!
That was the door. It was probably Bucket or someone who had come to give her meaningless complaints. She didn't understand why they didn't go and annoy Spitelout instead, but WHY were they knocking so loud?
"I'm coming, I'm coming."
She went downstairs and while opening the door, she said, "Okay, if this is about Mildew's sheep or something I swear I'm going to-" she looked outside.
The only creature there was- wait a sec- it was Toothless.
"Toothless, you're meant to be in Hogwarts, with Hiccup, what are you doing here?" she questioned.
The dragon in reply bent down to show her his saddle.
"You want me to ride you?"
He nodded as well as a dragon could nod and spread his wings out to show her it was kind of important for her to get on now.
"Umm, okay then," she said, and got onto his back.
As soon as she was safely on, he took off violently and flew with such force that she nearly fell off more than once [listen to the end of New Tail from the HTTYD soundtrack and you'll get a sense of how he's flying] and wondered where he must be leading her if it was this urgent.
Half an hour later, Toothless landed on the shore of the dragon trapping island, not as tired as one may have thought he was.
"We're...on the island where I destroyed Eret's fort ... for no particular reason..." she began uncertainly,"And-"
Valka was interrupted by a loud roar.
"Cloudjumper, is that you?" she called out, and not a moment later he appeared from behind the large ice sculpture the Bewilderbeast had created so long ago.
"Okay, can someone tell me what in the world is going on?" she said, now a bit annoyed she was dragged here for nothing.
Toothless pushed her towards the shore on the other side of the ice, and when Valka looked down, her jaw dropped. Literally.
"W-what is th-this?"
Stoick the Vast angled his head so he would be able to see who had just arrived," Val," he whispered.
She put her hands to her mouth," You're- you're a-alive, but I-I saw you-"
"Shhh, I'm alive," he croaked," But I need help. Please, help me."
Speechless, she nodded slowly,"Your-your leg. And a-arm. They're-they're gone."
She took off the fur coat she was wearing and tried to bind his right side as well as she could to stop the bleeding. The right side of his body was utterly destroyed, with burns and deep wounds which didn't stop bleeding.
"Toothless, you're going to have to help me carry him onto Cloudjumper's back. I'll lift his head and you do his torso," she instructed.
Toothless did as he was told, and Cloudjumper lay down on the ground to help. After several efforts, they lifted him on, and Valka used some rope which was on Toothless' saddle to make sure Stoick didn't fall of the dragon's back.
She sat behind him, and while they flew back to Berk, she soothed her husband,"You are safe now, don't worry," she whispered into his ear.
Toothless flew slightly ahead of them, because the extra weight made Cloudjumper slower.
Everything is fine he told himself, Absolutely fine.