Chapter 6

Bendy POV

In the van Boris held onto Gracie while Henry checked my stomach. He gently touched my stomach and I winced holding in a cry of pain. 

"At least it's not my face." I scoffed as I held my shirt. Henry had a look of worry.

"Could be a broken rib." He says but I sighed feeling like he was exaggerating. 

"Where to Henry?" Sammy asked driving the van. 

"Hospital." He said but I protested.

"No. No. I'm fine." I say as convincing as I could.

"You are not fine." Henry told me. He tried to tell Sammy to go to the hospital again, but I protested.

"No, I don't want to take her to the E.R. in the middle of the night. She needs a safe place where she can sleep." I say sitting up as I put my shirt down groaning a bit from the pain.

"We can go to my house." Boris said enthusiastically since he was holding Gracie. I shook my head.

"No he knows where you live." I told him. Henry sighed.

"He knows where we all live." I nodded. As troubling as this is, at least we are out of that house.

You Can Run

Sammy drove to a big hotel, The Biltmore, and Boris held onto Gracie while I talked to the man at the front desk. I was tired, and I bet Gracie was to, so I decided with the security here this would be the safest.

"One queen size beds alright?" The man asked me as I nodded and handed him my credit card. He rang up typing away at his computer. He stopped what he was doing and looked at me making me concerned.

"I'm sorry this card has been refused, would you like to try another?" He asked me as I felt confused. Did he say refused? How is that it's a good credit card, not to mention my limit. I didn't have anything else so we left. We drove far cause I needed to go to an ATM machine, but I didn't want Cuphead to see me if he was trying to follow us. We drove for so long it was daylight once I stepped out of the van. I went to the small ATM machine outside a bank, and put in all my information. Except once I pressed yes for my money, it told me my card was invalid. I felt furious as I banged on the stupid machine letting out a gritted yell of anger. I turned away from it and went into the actual bank to see if it would work that way.

I wrote a check to take out money in my account and went up to a lady at a desk. After I gave her my ID, and the check she began to work on her computer. But not even a second goes by till she looks at me.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Inkwell, the funds in your account seem to be frozen." She tells me handing back my stuff. I sigh taking them and put them in my handbag before walking out. It was mid day and I had no other choice. I couldn't have my friends drive me and Gracie around cause they have places to be. Then I can't stay with them because Cuphead knows where they all live. So I reluctantly let Boris buy me and Gracie a room at a motel. I had a little bit of money so I was able to buy takeout for me and Gracie. She sat on the bed while we were almost done eating.

"I like hotels! Motels too!" She said cheerfully as I smiled at her.

"Oh yeah. Well here more potato." I tell her as I fed her a spoon full of mashed potatoes till I heard the phone in the room ring by the dresser. I put the spoon down and went to answer it.

"I'm gonna jump on the bed." Gracie told me as she stood up.

"Alright muffin, be careful." I said as I brought the phone to my invisible ear. I don't know how to explain that so don't ask.