Chapter 2

Bendy POV

Conquering Hero

"Hi" Cuphead said to the man who answered the door. We had been strolling looking for a house and I finally spotted one. I was in love with the look and it was large. It was perfect. So Cuphead parked the car and went up to investigate. The older man waved and looked at Cuphead a bit confused.

"We've been strolling around and my wife has fallen completely in love with your house." He tells the man as I smiled.

"It's great isn't it?" The man asked smiling as Cuphead nodded.

"We wanna buy it." He told the man as his eyes widened a bit and his smile dropped.

"They want it for our family." He tells them as I placed a hand over my stomach as a way of showing I was pregnant. The man looked a bit distressed.

"We're not selling it though." He said as Cuphead raised his head up.

"Sure you are. That's the price." He said as he held up a piece of paper to the man. He took it and looked at it. I began to feel worried. I knew there was no for sale thing outside so was this man for real when he said he wasn't selling his house. I felt like an intruder, but I didn't know what to say.

"Your out of your mind." The older man spoke lightly while looking at the paper.

"That's just it so before you say no, again, just think how miserable one determined person can make you be. Today, tomorrow, pretty much every day till you sell it to me. Your kids are grown you should live in a smaller home." He tells him. I smiled nervously as this was not what I thought he was going to do as the man looked at me then at Cuphead.

In the end, we got the house, and we moved in all of our stuff. It was so beautiful and it was like a dream. I never thought I'd be living like this. I put a box of plates down in the kitchen as I looked around. It was almost to unreal to be true for me. Cuphead worked long days doing construction, he didn't actually do the construction he was mainly the person doing the blueprints, overseeing everything, keeping everything in line. It was a tough job and I was proud of him. Being pregnant I stopped working, and he told me I didn't have to neither. That he would take care of me and our baby.

After the months went by the next thing I know I was in a hospital bed, and I had just delivered our baby. Cuphead sat next to me kissing my forehead as I was exhausted. Childbirth is no joke, but it wasn't the complete nightmare people allowed me to believe. Maybe it's because my baby was rather small though. The nurse came over with our baby girl now clean and her eyes open wide. Cuphead jumped up and took her in his arms as he admired her adorable beauty, slightly rocking her in his arm. He was muttering cute things to her as she babbled looking up at him. His phone started to ring as I looked at him as he opened it and hanged up before putting it away.

"Who was that?" I asked curiously.

"Some business call who cares." He said as his eyes never left our daughter.

"Bring her here let me see." I say sitting up some. It was like he couldn't hear me as he was smiling down at our little girl and he looked so happy. So much I couldn't help but let this moment be as I rested my head on the pillow smiling at my small family.

Our Happy Family

The years went by fast and our little girl Gracie was now 6 years old. This particular day we spent it at the beach as she ran up to me from the shore and jumped on me. The two of us laughed as I set her down beside me. She showed me her bucket of sea shells she collected as I was enthusiastic with her.

"What'd you get! Show me!" I exclaim smiling as she proceeded to display her new collection. I looked up at Cuphead who was laying on a towel propped up on one of his arms. He was looking out at the ocean and I felt a bit worried. He lately was off with me. I couldn't figure out what it was, and I had a feeling work was just a bit overwhelming for him. That night while he was showering I came into the bathroom wearing a robe and I knocked on the shower door. He looked over at me.

"Hey" I say as he opened the door looking at me.

"Hey" He said chuckling.

"Can I join you?" I ask taking off my robe letting it fall on my arms as he looked down my body before shaking his head.

"No, I was just about to get out." He tells me. I let out an 'oh' and cover myself up again.

"I was just showering to wake up. I have to get back to work." He tells me as I nodded understanding.

"Sorry" He apologizes as I nodded walking out the bathroom.

"Me too." I mutter as I went down the hall. I went to Gracie's room and put away the story we read and turned off her music box. I gave her a kiss before I walked into the kitchen to clean up the dishes from dinner when I heard a vibration. I looked over at the counter and saw Cupheads pager moving around and vibrating. I walked over and grabbed it and saw a number '33'. I looked at his phone and opened it before dialing the number. I know it's not right to snoop but I needed to see who this was at this time of night paging him. Immediately someone answered.

"Hello darling. Where are you?" A French accented women's voice came over the phone. I furrowed my brows feeling anger, confusion, and disgust fill me.

"You just paged my husband right?" I asked.

"Oh my god." She gasped at the realization. She knew he was married? What the hell. This explains a lot of things, and it hurts.

"Who are you? What's your name?" I ask wanting to know.

"I'm sorry I got to-"

"No! Don't hang up! Don't be a coward! Just tell me your name. It's the least you could do right?" I interrupt her in a loud whisper hoping she had a bit of decency.

"My names Margaret. I'm very sorry." She said before hanging up. I scoffed looking at the phone before closing it and setting it on the counter. I felt anger and pain start to come out of me as I ran a hand along my head. I kneeled down to the floor and picked up Gracie's toys feeling baffled by what I just found out. How could he do this? Why did he do this? I could feel tears trying to force their way out of my eyes but I didn't let them. I heard footsteps enter the room as I looked up and saw Cuphead as he approached me.

"What's wrong?" He asked me as I looked at him with a pained face.

"She paged you."

"Who?" He asked. I tried to hold back the scoff that threatened to come out of my mouth.

"Number 33, Margaret." I say as he kneeled down beside me as I sat on the ground looking at him. I could feel my tears building up in my eyes.

"She's French?" I ask. Is that what he wanted?

"She's not important," He tells me as I look at him.

"No?" My voice was breaking.

"Your important. And Gracie." He tells me as I nod.

"Yeah?" I say but it was more of a question. Was I important? If I was so important why did he do this. Why did he feel the need to see someone besides me if I was so important? Especially when we have a daughter together.

"I must be braindead huh?" I question him in a whisper as I had a slight glare and I tried to control my emotions. He shook his head.

"I must be the biggest moron on the planet!" I say louder as I tried to stand up but he placed his hands on my shoulder looking at me and trying to shush me.

"Cause I thought we were happy, weren't we happy?" I ask feeling a tear fall as he nodded, but I didn't let him speak when he tried to.

"I used to think we were lucky! And I thought that in bed we were still-!" I tried to pull away from him as he kept me in his grip shaking his head trying to tell me I was wrong and that we were happy.

"No! You said I was safe with you!" I exclaim tearfully.

"You are! You are! I promise. And I'm sorry" He apologized as I looked at him feeling more tears fall down my face as he pulled me into a hug.

"Everything's going to be okay." He tells me as I let out a soft cry burying my face in his shoulder clinging to him as if I would lose him if I let go.