"I'm looking for that necklace-thingy that you bought me." He checked the bedside table.

"Necklace?" Claire asked, a little confused.

"Yeah, the one with the dog tags."

"Oh!" Claire slid off the bed. It was a silver Dog Tag necklace. On one tag there was a crucifix engraved, the other tag was blank. Claire had bought if for him for his 19th birthday.... Along with other things. But it was real silver, and vampires didn't really like silver... And she happened to think of Shane when she saw it. Shane watched her leave, and then decided he was going to follow. "You left it in my room the other night." She made her way down the hall and to her bedroom, with Shane following at least a metre behind. "It should be-" She jumped when she pushed open the door to see Myrnin standing in her room.

"Get out." Claire ordered as she backed up a few steps.

"Claire, please... Just let me explain." Myrnin pleaded walking towards her.

"Claire, what's wrong?" Shane moved to her side, and stared at Myrnin. His eyes turned dark as he watched the vampire, and his lips turned up into a dangerous smile. "You're pretty dumb coming here, you know?" Shane moved past Claire, heading in Myrnin's direction. His fists were clenched, and Claire watched as she saw his muscles tense on his exposed back. Myrnin watched him with equal anger. Oh, this was not going to be good.

"Listen to me, boy. I'm not in the mood for a fight, I just want to talk to Claire."

"To hell with that," Shane said. Claire heard the small bones in his knuckles crack.

"Shane!" Claire exclaimed and started in his direction. She was too late.

Shane's fist struck out and hit Myrnin smack in the jaw. Myrnin reacted to that by extracting out his fangs and hissing at him. Myrnin slammed Shane against the wall, creating a loud bang. Surely that would have gotten Michael's attention.

"Stop!" Claire yelled. It didn't stop the fight. Shane's knee came up so fast, Claire had almost missed it, and Myrnin doubled over and stumbled back a few steps. His crimson red eyes rested on Shane. Shane went for another blow, but Myrnin was fast. Myrnin side-stepped out of the way, and he clawed Shane in the side of the face. Three, bloody scratches reached from Shane's temple to about the middle of his cheek. "Stop it! Stop, stop stop!" Claire screamed it again. Shane glanced over his shoulder, and his face softened. He was going to stop fighting, that was until, Myrnin spoke.

"She'll belong to me one day," Myrnin spat. He had blood running from his nose. "You just wait for it, boy."

Shane reached for one of the pencils that laid abandoned on her bedside table. He made a run at Myrnin, his battle scream ringing in Claire's ears. Myrnin dodged again, but that's what Shane was expecting. His elbow struck back, hitting Myrnin in the chin with a sickening crack. Shane spun around and dug the pencil into the left side of Myrnin's chest. He pinned him up against the wall. It wouldn't kill Myrnin, it wouldn't even knock him out, but it would hurt like hell.

"She'll never be yours," Shane said in a low voice, but it packed so much power. So much danger that it scared Claire. "Over my dead body, will that ever happen."

Myrnin smiled a little and he coughed, "That can be arranged." Claire saw Myrnin move his hand. His hand shoved at Shane, and then they wrapped around his neck.

"No!" Claire screamed and made a run for the two men. She was too late... Because someone already bet her to them. Myrnin was tossed to the other side of Claire's room, and he crashed against the wall with a mighty thud. Shane collapsed to the ground, holding a hand to his probably bruised throat. Michael stood just in front of Shane. His bright blue eyes blazed like a fire, and Claire couldn't help but gasp at how dangerous he looked.