Chapter 51 - Christmas

Começar do início

"Yes, and I was making a joke, so what is your point?"

Vega didn't reply to that at all. While all of this was happening, Lena was absolutely wetting herself with laughter.

"You good Lena?" I asked. She stopped laughing for a second and looked up.

"Huh?" She said. "Oh I'm fine luv. It's just, Vega is so smart and he doesn't even recognise sarcasm." She started laughing again for a second, before looking back towards the ingredients. "Anyway, these pancakes aren't gonna make themselves." Lena said before mixing them all together. She put it in a jug and poured some of it into a frying pan. It started sizzling and quickly solidified. Once it did, Lena picked the handle up and gave it to me.

"So luv, to cook the other side, you gotta flip the pancake. You do this by flipping the handle and catching the pancake back in the pan. Got it?"

"I hope so." I said. I took a few practice swings before attempting to flip. My pancake went flying into the air, but I think I threw it a little hard, as it hit the ceiling and stuck to it. "My pancake." I whimpered with a frown. My pancake had thoroughly stuck to the ceiling. I tried to reach it, but was unable to do so. Lena had started laughing again as I tried frantically to reach it.

"Do you want some help with that?" Lena asked.

"Please. I just want my pancake." I said trying my best to sound incredibly sad. As I did, Lena jumped onto my shoulders and took the pan from my hands before scraping the pancake back into the pan.

"Ooh, ow that's hot." She squeaked as she blinked back down and put the frying pan on the stove. She'd saved my pancake, but it was all folded up now.

I went to touch my pancake to flatten it out but Lena grabbed my hand.

"Careful luv, it's very hot." She said. I laughed at her and smiled.

"Aah, you think that's hot. The laser the Khan Maykr was blasting me with was over 13000 degrees Celsius, I think this little pan's gonna be fine."

I picked up my pancake and started to flatten it out. I did just so before placing it back into the pan.

"See, stone cold." I said.

"If stones are classed as being cold at 100 degrees." She said. I smiled as we continued to make our pancakes. We'd make three each alternating who made the next, with Lena flipping hers and me just turning them over with my hand. Once they'd all cooked, we put our pancakes into separate plates and grabbed our toppings. Lena grabbed some sugar and lemon while I grabbed honey. Lena sprinkled all of her pancakes with sugar before drizzling a little lemon juice over all of them.

"Eat this." Lena said as she handed me the lemon. I took it from her hands and looked at it. "If you like the super sour sweets, you'll like this." To me it looked like an apple, and apparently I'd like it, so I took a bite out of it like it was an apple. My mouth was immediately filled with so much sourness, it was unbelievable. It didn't hurt, it actually tasted quite nice. I chewed it thoroughly and swallowed it.

"Did you like it?" Lena said smiling.

"Yeah it's quite nice." I said as I took a second bite.

Lena laughed at what I was doing.

"What?" I said as I chewed the lemon.

"It's just, nobody on earth eats lemons like an apple." She said.

"Who says I don't eat it like this off earth? I could be from the 7th dimension where lemons are a common fruit and apples taste sour."

"But you said that you're from earth, so?"