"Thank you." He replied as you jumped down. "You too."

"I know right." You put your hands on your hips and looked down at yourself. 

"The mask." Shoto pointed to the black cloth-like thing around your neck. "Is it for your quirk?"

"Yeah." You said, spinning it around so it looked more like a hood. "I probably won't need it."

Todoroki nodded, but as he was about to say something again, someone lightly knocked into him and as they were walking past.

The air changed a bit as that happened. 

Bakugo: dressed in heavyset gear that bared his arms and hid the upper part of his face behind a mask.

He actually looked kind of intimidating in his get up. The black mask that spiked out with his hair exaggerated the red of his eyes as they found yours.

He barely noticed Shoto as he was about to yell at him to get out of the way. 

Instead, he noticed you. 

He hadn't seen you out of your uniform or with your hair up like that before. And he'd be lying if he said he didn't think it was a drastic improvement to finally be able to see all of your incredibly annoying face. 

Of course, he kept these things to himself. 

The costume hugged you nicely, yeah, but it didn't give him any hints about your powers. 

It was better to stop looking you up and down for now and focus on his real opponents like Deku. 

"Watch yourself icy hot. You don't wanna set me off." He bit out at Shoto, moving past the both of you and towards the training grounds where All Might was waiting.  

"You keep looking at him." Shoto noticed as you watched the angry boy stalk off. "Do you like his costume?"

"What? No." You said unconvincingly. 

You had to admit though, Bakugo's arms didn't look half bad unclothed by his uniform blazer. 

Hunching your own shoulders you added, "Mostly, I just want to ask him what his shoulder workout routine is."

Shoto gave a half smile because he didn't understand your humor a lot of the time but found it best to smile so you didn't feel bad. 

Once you two reached Ground Beta, UA's official training grounds, All Might gave his announcements to the class. 

"They say clothes make the pros and you young ladies and gentlemen are the pros! From here on you are all heroes in training! Seeing you all wrapped up, you look so cool! Now that you're ready! It's time for combat training!"

You listened to the man talk like a soldier with your hands behind your back and the respect he deserved. 

As a young child you admired All Might, but given the person who raised you, that admiration didn't last long. Endeavor made it clear that your purpose was to train beside Shoto. Make each other better. Become worthy of defeating the teacher that stood in front of you now. 

Shoto interrupted your thoughts by tapping your arm and pointing to the building you'd be competing in. 

"Since we'll be indoors," He said, "Using your quirk should be easy--"

"I'm not using it." You interrupted. "Not unless I have to."

"I don't understand." Shoto said with concern. "During the assessment, with the softball, you were perfectly capable of utilizing your quirk. What's changed?"