chapter six - dare

"We should play truth or dare."

The boys around you all smiled slightly at your exclamation, and Stan spoke next.

"Sounds good n/n, uh, are there any objections?" Both you and Stanley skimmed your eyes over the faces of the other boys, and when nobody said anything, the tall boy next to you spoke again.  "Alright, I suppose that's a yes then?" He said, his voice cheery.  You smiled, letting your face relax.  You glanced over at the clock.  10:30 already, Jesus.  Had we really been playing for that long?  I suppose we did have like a two and a half hour conversation when we first got to the house, I mean, you were all away from each other for two whole hours, so of course you had a ton to catch up on.  You still found it kind of hard to believe that you had spent three hours playing on the NES though.  'Must've been all the times Richie and Eddie had to restart their level because Richie would argue that "sOmeThINg wAs uNfAiR!"' you thought, your smile widening a bit as you recalled his protests from earlier.  You shifted your focus back to the conversation, right as Bill spoke up.

"So, should w-we start?" He asked the group, receiving a few head nods and smiles in response.  

"Who would like to go first?" You said next, immediately met with an expression of anticipation of Richie's face.  

"I'll go!" He said excitedly.  "I am the most creative with my questions out of everyone here!"  Although you could not think of anything to say to that, Stanley soon began to talk.

"You do realize that creative is not synonymous with loud, don't you?" He said, his witty remark accompanied with that sly smirk of his.  You giggled at his words, causing him to shoot you a quick glance and broaden his grin ever so slightly.  

Richie sighed in return, replying with a simple "Let's start.  Spin the bottle style, as per usual gentlemen? And, well, y/n?" You all nodded your heads, which prompted Stan to grab a half-empty bottle of beer out of the refrigerator that sat in the corner of the basement.  You flinched ever so slightly as he did so.  However, you soon calmed your nerves.  Alcohol only corrupts those who are liable to it, right?  Stanley would never... and he wouldn't ever be violent like your father either... Although you told yourself this, you were still not completely convinced of how truthful these words actually were.  You quickly shook off your thoughts as you watched Stan walk into the bathroom, observing him as he poured the beer out into the sink, the caramel liquid sloshing around in the basin.  He returned just seconds later, setting the bottle down in the middle of the group, your smile resurfacing as he sat back down across from you.  Richie took a hold of the bottle with a small smile, his eyes creasing underneath his coke-bottle glasses.  He spun it excitedly, and you watched as it moved around the circle, eventually stopping on Eddie. You watched as your brother looked tentatively up at Eddie, letting his usual goofy demeanor fall for just a second.  But, before this was seen by anyone else in the circle, he once again assumed his signature cocky expression, gazing up at the small boy.  "Alright Eds, the gods have spoken.  Truth... or dare?" He questioned, sounding like a gameshow host. 

Eddie, as cautious as ever, responded meekly.  "Truth," he said, not wanting to fall victim to any of Richie's notoriously over-the-top dares.

Richie scoffed.  "Alright then Eddie Spagetti," he said as he tapped his chin.  "I truth you to suck my d-" 

You cut him off by hitting him upside the head.  "Beep beep Richie!" you said, an almost whining tone about your voice.  "And besides, you can't just truth someone to do something," you said, laughing a bit.  You glanced over at Eddie, who wore an angry blush as his brows steadily drew together in indignation.  

"Fine n/n. Eds... Now, be honest..." Richie said, obviously stalling.  "How many.. How many pills do you take weekly!" He asked the boy.

"T-thats not even a g-g-good question Richie!" Bill said, laughing lightly.  "I t-thought you said you w-were creative!"