"The X-Advisors..." Part XLV...

Start from the beginning

"Gran! Sheldon saved my life. I would have been killed with everyone else."

Excuse me? Kripke frowned.

And Barry's help." Amy added.

"Yes...Mentwion it. Thanks."

"I suppose that's true in both cases...Thank you, Dr. Kripke." Margaret nodded.

Excuse me? In turn? Sheldon frowned.

"You have me to blame for all this, Maggie." Stein sighed. "I should never have carried through those theories."

"Nonsense, Francis." Margaret shook head. "You'd no idea anyone would be insane enough to apply them in this way. Speaking of which, with all due regard, Francis, I'm not surprised your poor girl went totally bonkers...I did speak to you about her mother..."

"So you did..." he sighed.

"But I went rather bonkers about my Leonard...So...Who am I to judge a severely bipolar schizophrenic. But Xavier? Francis, how could he have changed so?"

"Love, we think, Gran." Amy sighed. "Dr. Francis lost his wife and never got to know his wife's daughter before it was too late."

"His daughter? Francis? What have you been telling these children? There's no way in Hell, Susan is Margaret's daughter." Margaret frowned.

"Dr. Stein told us the truth, ma'am. Amy had only heard it from Dr. Francis. Susan is Dr. Stein's and his wife." Sheldon noted.

"Sheldon?"

"I haven't had the time to tell you, Amy. But it's the truth."

"Of course it's the truth. The girl has her mother written all over her. Body and mind, poor thing." Margaret nodded, firmly.

"And that's why Xavier deceived you and destroyed his world, because he believed such nonsense?"

"I think it's more than that..." Stein noted. "I suspect he tried to get me to tell him how to create the wormhole expansion from my theories. And hopefully, I refused. He wasn't planned to take or harm Susan, he's been out to save Margaret."

"And Susan, with her own sad obsessions...Largely you..." Margaret eyed a sheepish Sheldon... "Provided him with what he needed."

"That is now my conclusion." Stein nodded.

"That does sound plausible..." Amy agreed. "But does that mean Dr. Francis went back that much further?"

"Would it affect our timeline, Francis?" Margaret asked.

"Not according to multiverse theory..." Stein shook head.

"Multiverse theory..." Margaret frowned. "Always seemed like an evasion to allow time-travel in safety. Still...If it is so, Xavier might have altered a new timeline in the past...Or rather, confirmed one of the infinite possible lines. And may be stuck there."

"Just so long as he isn't here to interfere." Sheldon noted. "Susan will be enough to deal with."

"Indeed." Margaret nodded. "But what about restoring these kids to their proper existence, Francis?"

"I can't say as yet...It may not be possible. Here we are..." he indicated the Physics Building lot and turned in.

"Lets head back to my temporary office, Susan or Xavier won't be expecting that. They'd look for you in Francis' office or lab." Margaret, firmly.

"Probably so." Stein agreed.

"All right. We'll review the situation so that we're all up to speed, including the dottering old woman. And then we should split you up, to avoid the chance of detection. Young Sheldon and Dr. Kripke should go home to Sheldon's place on campus. Amy, you and Sheldon will stay with me. I assume you are sleeping together..." hard stare.