seven.

It wasn't too hard to break out of the cuffs. She suspected that Romanoff had seen her do it too, but kept quiet. Probably thought she couldn't do any real harm anyway. Way too outnumbered. Plus, even if she did manage to get out, they were floating on a fucking air ship.

"Alright, if you're so serious about this aliens theory, show me some proof." Svetlana said, looking to the people beside her.

"Easier said that done, Rostov," eye patch- Fury, she reminded herself- said, watching a large screen monitor.

"Aliens, believe it or not, aren't exactly easy to track." Barton was still watching her with a curious look.

"Then let me see the scene. Take me to Albany. I bet you I'll find something you geniuses missed." Svetlana said.

Romanoff gave a dry laugh, "Why, so you can give us the slip and run back to Russia? I don't think so." Svetlana glared again. Romanoff was, however, wrong.

"I have a mission. I intend to complete it." She turned to Romanoff, "My country is innocent, and if I don't clear this up then many more people are going to die." Romanoff stared right back, her bright green eyes boring into Svetlana's.

Fury intervened, "Alright." Romanoff snapped her head round to him.

Barton beat her to it, "Sir?" he watched him with a confused annoyance, "She's a liability. We can't trust her." Romanoff finished.

"I'm right here, you know." Svetlana muttered.

Fury looked at Romanoff. "She's KGB. Maybe her fellow agents had left some sort of clues if they still had control over some aspects of their minds."

Romanoff still looked skeptical but gave a tight nod. "We'll fly out tomorrow."

Fury have a nod of acknowledgement, "Keep her in the better cells. We wouldn't want our Russian friends thinking we don't accommodate our guests without any hospitality." He said sarcastically, then turned back to the monitor, barking out orders to passing agents.

Svetlana rolled her eyes and gave him the finger. Which was a mistake, since almost five agents grabbed her hands and shoved them back into thick cuffs.

Romanoff was still watching her.