two.

"Sir." Svetlana addressed the man before her. He had taken a seat at his desk, cane propped up on the table, and motioned for her to sit in the one opposite. She did, and scanned his face for a clue as to what he was about to ask in his face. She found no tells.

"I assume you know what has happened. The unfortunate event that we are now being accused of." He spoke with a permanent scowl on his face, and Svetlana knew not to push him. Especially not at a time like this. So she simply nodded and waited for him to continue.

"I've called you in Rostov because, despite the incident in Sokovia, you are one of my best agents." Svetlana stiffened slightly at the mention of her butchered mission, but glowed a little at the compliment. She knew she was good, but not that good. "We need you now. American and Russian relations are weakening, and if this group strikes again, they will be set back to the likes of those during the Cold War."

He rose and walked over to a cabinet and picked up a file. "That is why we need you. You will be entering America, and you will find these terrorists. You will bring them in to custody, since the American government clearly seems unable to do so, and you will find out why they did what they did, and wether or not they were working for someone." He finished by pushing the file along the table to her.

Missions were always risky. But this? This was another level. But she picked up the folder and slowly thumbed through it, feeling his gaze on her. The file had information on a fake persona and all the leads on the case.

"Are you sure that this is the best move?" Svetlana said cautiously. Her hazel eyes met his gray ones. "What if my cover is blown? Relations are more strained now than they have been in years." A fist came down on the table.

"Which is exactly why you're cover won't be blown." He leveled her with a cold, hard stare. "I don't want another accident. This has to go perfectly. No hiccups." Svetlana nodded. This was her chance. Her chance to help, to prove that even  after her mistakes she was the top agent in her field. To show that she could do it.

Raising from her seat, Svetlana gripped the file so hard it bent. "When do I leave?"