Chp2: Months/Weeks before the Nanite Event

Start from the beginning

Everyone looked at Rex as he put on an awkward smile while scratching the back of his head. His family crossed their arms at him while sighing. You giggled a bit at his situation when Caesar pinched his cheek. He looked at you all flustered seeing him like that.

I guess the reason why they would invite you too to the lab was to check on Rex so that he won't mess things up.

Timeskip again ahu

"Where did that guy find you?" Rex asked you on the way home.

"Hmmm..." You started, trying to remember where again. "The last thing I remember was waking up at the rooftop. He woke me up and accompanied me back."

His parents look at me a bit at the backseat with a questioning look. "But no one is allowed to go up the rooftop... Nor does anyone know how to get there..." Violeta said, worried.

"The guy said that he was scanning around the place for anything suspicious. When he saw that the locked door to the rooftop was opened, he checked and saw me." You explained. "But... I don't remember how I got there in the first place..."

After that, there was silence.

You would notice Rex's dad would give short gazes at you from the mirror.

(A/N: Follow, vote, comment for more chapters.)

|∆•∆•∆•∆|

SIX
(F/F)-Favorite Food

"We would've succeeded if it wasn't for you!"

"It's your fault in the first place!"

"What would happen if they exposed us, The Six?! Mercenaries can't be exposed!"

And that fight lasted for a few more hours.

This is what you remembered a few years ago.

After a failed mission in Malaysia, a fight broke out between the members during the flight and even when they got home. Sensei One was not able to let you join in the mission. He didn't tell you any reason why but you just respected his decision anyways. Of course you whined in your head before because you were used to being on missions with them. But what made you whine more is that until now, you still don't have a number assigned to you.

After the argument, the group decided to split up the next day. Other than being sad from the disbandment of the team, you were also not there in the last mission as a full team and...

Until now, you still miss your best friend.

'I wonder where he is right now... I hope he's safe at least...' Even if he said it before that he will find a way to stay in contact with you, it has been years ever since his first and last call. Then you never heard from him again. And slowly somehow the memory of his voice began to fade. Even you can't remember his scent anymore. It's not as if you were a creep to remember scents. It was said before that people tend to remember those most especially from people they are close to.

"We'll stay in contact right?" You asked him. Sadness was visible in your tone as you stare at him from the entrance of his room.

"Of course we will." He replied, taking a moment to look at you from his 'packing' (even though all that he's bringing with him was his wallet and katana). "I may not have my own phone but when I get the chance to find any source of communication, I always have your number memorized."

You sighed at the memory of it because who were you kidding, of course you hoped that you two would still talk to each other. You expected that he would keep his words because you know Hoshi -ehem- Six always keeps his words. As you slump back on a bean bag inside your apartment, you checked your phone once again only to see other messages from random men on social media. Reading these messages made you think, "How desperate are they?"