Jinheung glared at each of them before grumbling a low, "I am sorry," and letting out an annoyed, "aisch! you guys are the worst," and hiding his own smile as they all burst out laughing.

...

Ban-ryu enjoyed walking past the chime-glass when he was in Seonmoon, sometimes going out of his way to include it in his route across the courtyard. Usually, it was a brief glance as he passed, a quick prayer maybe a warm thought for the lost friend it memorated.

But today there was another person admiring the wind chime and Ban-ryu realized that his brother in-law was admiring the glimmering trinket. Almost tall enough to hit his head on the dainty metal pipes, Soo-ho was standing with a soft smile on his lips as he observed the instrument at close-range, large eyes following the flickers of light. When there wasn't enough wind to move it, Soo-ho took a moment to glance around to making sure no one was looking before inhaling deeply and blowing on the glass, forcing the chimes to spin again and keep the light dancing.

Ban-ryu held back an amused laugh as he continued observing his self-entertained brother in-law. Hearing the tell-tale metallic scrape of a sword being unsheathed, he looked back again only to burst into uncontrollable laughter. Soo-ho was dancing, sort of. It was graceful but way to silly to not react to. It figured that Soo-ho could only truly enjoy himself with his sword out.

"Hiya! Park Ban-ryu!" Ban-ryu was met with the Hwarang's furious and embarrassed gaze. "Shut up right now, you brat!!" Soo-ho threatened as he made to leave the wind chime and approach him, but there was a cacophonous jangle as he collided with the dangling trinkets.

Ban-ryu grabbed a pillar for supporting, wheezing with tears streaming down his face as he howled with laughter. Finally pulling himself together enough to go to Soo-ho's aid, he carefully approached with hands outstretched in a warning gesture. "Put the sword down, and I'll untangle you," he offered.

"Stop laughing," the other demanded with a glare.

"I am... oh heavens help me... I'm n-not," Ban-ryu replied, face contorting as he failed at his desperate attempt to hold it together. The whole situation was ten kinds of entertaining.

Scowling, Soo-ho dropped his sword and crossed his arms, jaw tight with annoyance as he held himself carefully still. "Hurry up and free me from this thing," he ordered. Ban-ryu nodded and gingerly began to untangle Soo-ho from his captor. "Are you done yet?" Freeing the last strand of his hair, Ban-ryu stepped back. Soo-ho turned to face him, still looking annoyed but a lot calmer. He studied Ban-ryu's decidedly neutral expression before finally asking, "you won't tell anyone about this, will you?"

The Hwarang shook his head, his lips sealed with silent assurance. Seeing Soo-ho's dubious expression he rolled his eyes and added, "calm down. I won't tell anyone about you playing so light-heartedly with Han-seong's glass. After everything, you ought to know you can trust me that much."

"Han-seong's glass?" Soo-ho echoed before a fond smile lit his face, "no wonder I got a familiar sense from it."

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you," Ban-ryu admitted and he nodded in assent as he followed him to the wooden bridge. "Jinheung just told me that you are heading the troops going to the Goguryeo border." Soo-ho simply nodded, totally unfazed by the sudden topic. "I was supposed to be heading the army this time," Ban-ryu hesitantly spoke, unsure of how to express himself.