seungsik - wedding day

requested by: serim_wifeu

• genre: fluff
• 2897 words
• published: 06/04/20

---

Seungsik's POV
Upon entering the store, the door's chimes sounded. "Oh, you're back again! It's been a while," Y/N says, directing her attention to me while she arranged some flowers.

"Yeah, it has been a while. But I'm back on track," I replied. "So what's the event?" She asks, knowing my usual agenda.

"A wedding," I replied, making her look at me in shock. "That's nice to hear! They pay well at weddings, don't they?" She asks. "Not gonna lie, because it's true. It's for a friend too," I said.

"As long as they don't ask for a discount," She says jokingly, making both of us laugh. "So who's this friend of yours?" She asks after wrapping up the arrangement she just finished.

"The bride," I replied. "If that's the case, I have the perfect one! Come with me," She enthusiastically says, making me follow.

"How about this?" She asks, picking up a petite bouquet of a white flower, bounded with a twine ribbon. "It's a magnolia bouquet. It symbolizes purity and nobility. Almost any woman would love these!" She explains, looking at the flowers in awe.

"If you approve of it, then I'll take it," I said, making her smile.

[♡]

"Congratulations, Jiyoon!" I congratulate her as I offered the bundled flowers. "Wow, thanks Seungsik! These are so pretty," She thanks me as she accepts the flowers.

"I'm so lucky to have an amazing singer for my wedding," She compliments, quite flattering me. "Thanks, don't mention it," I replied with a hint of shyness.

"It's been a while since we met, huh?" She says. "Yeah, you don't say," I said, reminiscing about our days in high school.

"Anyway, are you married yet?" She asks, making me choke on my saliva. "Well, no," I plainly replied, clearing my throat. "Oh! You have a girlfriend," She guesses which still isn't true.

"Uh, no. I'm single," I answered, making the atmosphere silent for a while. "But... you're so handsome and all of that talent! How can you be single?" She asks, complimenting through the lines.

"I'm just... not interested," I replied. "Maybe you should try to be interested," She says. "I don't know, I'll think about it," I answered.

[♡]

On my way home, I thought about Jiyoon's remarks. My classmates from high school are now either getting married, fulfilling their dreams, and reaching their goals in life.

What about me? A freelance singer performing anywhere for a living. But I do part-time jobs whenever I could, which gives me extra income. With all these thoughts, I gave myself a self-reflection.

Sure I'm living, but I seem too contented. Maybe it's better to hope for more while you can. But where can I start? By this time, I was arguing with myself in my head along my way home.

Sometime after I got home, a close friend of mine calls me. "What's up, Hyeongbin?" I asked as soon as I picked up.

"Oh hey! I heard you live nearby and you work freelance. Do you have any time for a part-time job?" He asks, getting my attention.

"Recently, I'm available. So I don't see why not?" I replied. "What's the job though?" I asked.

"You know my dad runs a restaurant. We recently got a motorbike so we thought of doing deliveries," He explains.