Kate Marsh - Be Strong

Beginne am Anfang

"Hello?" The voice questions, Max smiles softly, the voice exactly how she pictured it. "Hi. I'm Max Caulfield, a friend of Kate's" She begins. "Oh, hi Max, Kate's told me a lot about you. I'm Mollie" The girl in question replies, her eyebrows creasing in worry, the girl in question sitting in her car, just arriving home from the store, "Is everything okay Max? I haven't been able to get a hold of Kate recently, and I'm worried sick" Mollie confides, Max sighs softly.

"A video has been going around Blackwell recently, supposedly of Kate making out with other boys at a party" Max cringes, biting her lip. Mollie seizes, tensing her seat, the heat of the car wrapping her in blinding heat, her left-hand tightens around the steering wheel, her breath caught in her throat, tears stinging her eyes.

"You – uh – don't sound to convinced of that. And it's not like Kate, but – uh - any reason as to why I should believe it wasn't her?" Mollie croaks, closing her eyes gently, a hot glistening tear drips down her cheek, puffing the breath out of her mouth, Mollie quickly swipes the tear away, "She says it wasn't her, but she doesn't remember much. Only that one of the assholes here, Nathan Prescott, possibly drugged her instead of taking her to hospital" Max retells shortly, running a hand over her forehead.

"What? Okay, I'm on my way. I live quite a few hours away though Max, make sure she's okay until then please. I'll be there as quick as possible." Mollie rushes, drying her eyes and leaning back into her seat, "I'll make sure she's okay, don't worry", Mollie nods despite Max not being able to see, leaning forwards she turns the keys in her car, kicking her car into gear, the car grumbles shortly, roaring to life. "Keep me up to date Max, thank you!" Mollie ends the call, placing her phone on the dashboard, and beginning her journey to Arcadia Bay.

Reaching the outside of Arcadia, the weather alters drastically, lightning scatters through the air, a deafening sound of thunder quickly following, shattering the serene quiet that lays over Arcadia Bay, rain pours heavily from the sky, splattering on the car window shield. Mollie flips the indicator for the window wipers, swiping the rain off the window, carefully cruising through the town and towards the Academy.

Easily making her way through the town, due to the numerous and countless times she had been through before, Mollie arrives at Blackwell in no time, sitting in her car for a moment, watching quite confused as floods of people jog towards an old building, Mollie picks her phone up, tapping the number that had previously called her, and bringing the phone to her ear, it barely rung before Max picks up.

"Mollie! Follow the crowd now, Kates on the roof, she's gonna jump! I'm running through the building!" Max yells through the phone, Mollie fumbles quickly, swearing loudly. Racing to undo her seatbelt, she barely manages to remember to shut the car off before getting out, slamming the door shut, and sprinting through the masses of people, desperation in her every movement. "Stay on the phone with me Max!" Mollie huffs, pushing through crowds of people.

Following the masses of crowds, the rain quickly soaks through Mollie, her hair flattening and sticking to her head, tears steadily falling down her face, mixing with the rain splattering against her skin harshly, her phone clutched tightly against her side, Max's voice sifting through faintly against the harsh rain pounding on the floor.

Coming to an opening, Mollie looks around panicked, falling to a skidding stop, bumping into a few people, she observes heads tilted up towards the roof, taking small steps forward she turns her head upwards, finding her angel standing on the edge of the building, her back facing the crowd.

"Kate!" She screams, her voice desperate and hoarse, her gaze stuck on the blonde on top of the tallest building, who failed to hear her because of the height. The scream startles the students around her, cameras soon falling onto her, taking in her desperation, they follow her as she speeds to the front of the building, bringing the phone to her mouth, "Keep her stalled Max, I'm on my way up."

Mollie ends the phone call, striding up the steps impatiently, a strong angry grip, grips her harshly by the bicep, launching her backwards, she stumbles, spinning around to find the culprit, a smug looking boy, dark blonde hair falling in front of his face, a red letterman jacket adorning his physique. "It's no use, you can't save that slut" he sneers, his eyes widening as Mollie sends a powerful sucker punch to his nose, letting him stumble backwards. With no time to lose, she spins on her heals, slamming her way through the building, up staircases, through hallways, throwing herself into doorways, before she finally manages launch herself onto the roof.

"Mollie" Kate breathes, spying the love of her life standing almost on the brink of hyperventilation, looking almost as wrecked as she did, fresh tears pierce her eyes, guilt stumbling in her stomach like a tornado.

"Hi Angel" Mollie greets softly, slowly making her way to stand close to where Max had advanced to, "you have a really great friend here Kate" Mollie nods her head towards Max, smiling gently towards her girlfriend, slowly making her way closer, "she told me everything, so I came as quick as I could, to make sure you were okay". Kate holds her hand out quickly, making her halt in her step, lowering her hand, Kate shuffles in place, "you don't hate me?" she hiccups.

"Hate you? Kate, no. I could never, ever hate you. Me, your sisters, your dad, your friends, we all love you Kate, you just need to stay strong, because let me tell you something, if you jump of this building, you let them win. Whoever made that video, whoever's been tormenting you they will win. But if you come with me, they will lose. You will have shown them you are better than them, you will prove to yourself that you can continue to be strong." Mollie speaks from her heart, telling Kate the utmost truth to convince her to come off the edge of the building, she reaches her arm out to Kate, begging her to come down with her. "I will help you; I will do whatever you need me to do to help you, drive you around through thousands of therapists I you need me to. I will do whatever to make sure you're okay!" she continues, but still seeing her hesitate, Mollie cringes internally, deciding to drive to harsher methods.

Stepping forward with her arms up in surrender, Mollie slowly climbs her way next to Kate, inhaling deeply, and standing on the ledge next to Kate. Max gasps softly, reaching out ready to catch either of them. Kate trembles harshly in the wind and rain, the guilt pouring in her stomach reaching out to grasp her heart, she gasps in pain.

"What – what are you doing Mollie? You're afraid of heights, you're gonna fall!" Kate reacts, reaching her arms out to steady her girlfriend, Mollie does the same, gripping her hands onto Kate's shoulders. "If you go, I go" She whispers, her lips trembling, teeth chattering.

"Your life Kate is not yours to take, you cannot take yourself away from me, your family and everybody who cares for you. You don't own your life; it doesn't belong to you in matters of suicide. If you take your life, you leave pain, heartbreak behind you. You leave us to grovel and sob at your grave. I do not want to have to stand at your grave and stay there until I am forced to leave. I cannot and will not live without you" Mollie finishes, Kate sobs harshly, moving in to clutch onto her girlfriend, who takes a deep sigh of relief, bending down gently to swoop her legs from underneath her and gather her in her arms, stepping onto the roof floor and collapsing with Kate safely in her arms. Max rushes over towards the pair, Kate gathered tightly in Mollie's arms, Max sits next to them, all three of them relaxing from the adrenaline pumping through their veins.