Well Screw It

Hi loves! With everything going on in the US the past few days, I just wanted to let all my readers know that you matter to me, and I love you. If you ever need to talk, just want a friend, or want someone to distract you from something by talking to you, I am here.

My messages are always open, and I try to respond within hours, if not a day or two at most.

And to all my black readers, I'm not black, but I see you. I'm not black, but I hear you. I'm not black, but I mourn with you. I'm not black, but I am and will fight for you.

We are all in this fight against racism and injustice together. All lives cannot matter until black ones do. I know these are just words, and words are empty unless acted upon.

I have written to my legislators in Georgia about passing hate crime legislation, I cannot physically be at protests, but I will support in any way that i can. Just know, that you have an ally in me.

Stay safe everyone. Check on your friends and family <3 enjoy the chapter

Chapter Seventeen: Well Screw It

A week had passed since I'd gone to the boardwalk with Mitchell and had a late night rendezvous with Connor, and I couldn't say much had happened. In fact, things were normal.

Well, not exactly normal.

Mitchell and I had been very friendly the whole week, spending most of our time not working together, and the time I wasn't spending with Mitchell? Well that time was spent on late late night phone calls with Connor, until one of us fell asleep.

His dad was back in the house, upsetting everyone in his family. Last night he told me he almost felt selfish for being thankful that he was going to college in just two more months, and that the only reason he was still in the house was to support his mom and sister.

But tonight was a different story.

++++

"We should go surfing, late night surfing." Mitchell said as he sat up. We were out on the private part of beach behind the house, simply gazing up at the stars together.

"No, that is so dangerous." I replied shaking my head.

"C'mon Hallie, we're lifeguards." Mitchell replies with what I could only imagine was an eyeroll.

"No Mitchell, I've lived here for almost three years now and even I don't trust myself to go night surfing, especially without Benji or Miles." I told him firmly. And it was true.

"Live a little, Hal. I dare you." Mitchell said with a wink.

Against my better judgement, I agreed, checking the clock on my phone. It was already midnight, and Connor usually called between 12:45 and 1. "Fine, but just for half an hour."

+++

I could say I was a natural born surfer, but then I'd be lying. Mitchell on the other hand, was.

He had no problem getting up on the board, though he was a bit of a wave hog, and he even made sure to show off a bit, though I couldn't see much anyway.

One thing that did begin to worry me though, was as the tide rolled out, we got farther and farther out in the ocean, and as good as a surfer as Mitchell was, he had never experienced rip currents like ours.