058 | MIYA ATSUMU

Start from the beginning

"Osamu?"

The said male stood up, giving you a smile. "Hey, I just wanted to check up on you."

"Thanks." You eyes the bag of groceries and lifted your bag as well.

He just raised an eyebrow. "That's sweets and junk food."

"So? Are you my nutritionist now, 'Samu?"

He rolled his eyes, following behind you. "I'm a chef. You should eat well," you saw his eyes lingering on your thin build. The last time he saw you, you were bouncing in joy, but now, it looked as if your whole life and warmth was drained away, leaving only an empty shell of yourself.

"I'm aware of my diet." You opened the door wide enough for the both of you to enter.

"Looks like you've been taking good care of your home..." he paused, looking around and placed his share of groceries on the counter. "But you've done nothing concerning your health." You swore you saw him grimace when you peeled your hoodie off, revealing your thin figure in just a tank top.

Your husband's brother sighed. "Take a rest first, I'll cook you delicious food." He made you sit on the couch as he switched from channel to channel and decided to just turn on Netflix so you could watch your favorite anime series.

"I'm not hungry." It was then that your stomach made his grand entrance to he noticed.

You blushed red, your cheeks heating up in embarrassment.

Osamu laughed loudly. "Miss Stomach here said otherwise. Come on, just sit back and relax."

There was something bugging your mind when the opening song finished. "How is he?" You voiced out, staring at the television.

Osamu sighed. "He's doing well."

You laughed, tears brimming your eyes at the revelation. "That's good news."

The silence went on until the episode was finished. Osamu place a plate full of nutritious dishes on the table.

"I can't possibly eat all that, Osamu!"

The male was giving you a stern glare, crossing his arms and stared at you.

"Okay..." you whined, taking the first bite.

You've managed to finish half of the portion he cooked. He looked happy seeing this.

"I'll visit you everyday to cook."

His announcement caused you to whirl your head around quickly. "What?" you became dizzy, seeing two of Osamu.

"I can't leave you alone like this."

His worry and concern warmed your heart. "I'm a big girl now, Osamu. It's okay."

"You're always lying to me..." he whispered, striking a chord in you. "It's not your fault."

You bit your lip, suddenly feeling nauseous. You wanted to vomit everything you've eaten for the past hour.

"It was only an accident. Please don't burden yourself nor think it was your fault."

You trembled in your seat, holding a photograph of someone in your pocket.

"Why did he leave me then?"

Osamu couldn't answer. He was ashamed of his brother and his immature response to what had happened in the past few months.

"I lost my baby, and my husband in the same time. How can I be fine? How can I sleep so soundly, dreaming about my unborn baby and the face of my husband who scorned me for not taking care of my baby?"

Osamu's heart broke at the sight of you. He clenched his fist. If only his brother wasn't a coward!

He inched closer to you, placing his arms around you in comfort.

"It's okay, sis. I'm here. Always here."

Your heart felt at ease by the comforting hug your brother-in-law gave you. You found strength and hope in tomorrow that maybe, tomorrow wasn't going to be as hard as today.

The two was to busy mourning, failing to notice someone by the door, who heard everything.

Atsumu, who wanted to talk to you, stood in front of the door, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. He punched the wall.

Atsumu couldn't bear to see you suffering by his hands, so he left and never bothered you again.

tried my best skskks hope this is okay :((

btw, how many of your guys have read the manga of haikyu?
answer brazil if yes
and japan if no

cause i'm planning to write something that may spoil everyone...

thank you all for 400k reads!! without you readers, this feat would be totally impossible. i'm happy to be able to bring entertainment to everyone. please stay safe in the midst of this pandemic. i love you all! ❤️