053 | KUROO TETSUROU

one shot is titled— FRIENDSinspired by long nights, overthinking, probably me imagining what it would like to have someone who doesn't like you back

inspired by long nights, overthinking, probably me imagining
what it would like to have someone who doesn't like you back

When I was a kid, I never believed in love at first sight.

I wasn't a child oogling at a man who claimed that he loved her when he saw her cross the street, or when they just made eye contact.

I believed that people love each other through a bond, a relationship even before they began to fall in love. My parents were the living proof of this belief.

They were childhood friends. They had sleepovers, dinner, hung out in their house, used to tell secrets. As the years grew by, they felt a strange sensation whilst the other was there. My father used to tell me that when he saw Mom conversing with a classmate, he unconsiously punched him in the jaw.

They aknowledged their feelings for each other, fell in love, got married with two children. It was a perfect story for me.

So why, why didn't I get my love back? Did I get the logic right? Or maybe he's not the one?

Kuroo Tetsurou and I were bestfriends ever since my mom and his mom met. He was my knight in shinning armor and my bestfriend. We shared secrets just like mom and dad, we had sleepovers and movie time on a friday-night. We had traditions ever summer vacation to visit my grandparent's house.

When a transferre from another school ruined us. She accidentally bumped into Tetsurou one day whilst we were walking towards school. She had the biggest pair of glasses and dyed blonde hair. After she left, Tetsurou went dumbstruck and rambled on to me about how beautiful she looked under her glasses, the way her blonde locks swayed in the air, and her coconut-vanilla scent smelt so sweet in his nose.

I shrugged it off, confident that our love story will turn out just like mom and dad's.

But no. I was so wrong.

One day, a few weeks after the girl, whose name was Yukimura Asuna bumped into Tetsurou, my eyes grew wide as an owl's. She was walking beside Tetsurou with a flushed face. Same goes with him.

I was beyond mad. We always went to school together. He lied to me, and instead went to go and walk that girl towards school. I wasn't that possessive of Tetsurou, but we had a promise to ourselves that no matter what happens, no one must lie.

In that case, he broke the code. I avoided him for a day, and waited in front of his locker. I knew he would always talk to me, and ask what's wrong.

I was wrong again. He never appeared. Not even after school, where we were supposed to have our weekly ice-cream at a close store near school. I walked home dejectedly, and stared at the ceiling for hours, thinking what I did wrong for him to cancel our plans for the day.