The misscarriage

I was sitting at one of the chairs in our small kitchen, scanning a women magazine Tris has left there. We are supposed to be at the restaurant in about thirty minutes to meet with our friends.

"Baby.." I coo "I don't mean to rush you but we need to get going" I say loud enough so she can hear it through the apartment. She is in the bathroom applying make up. Not as if she need it, since she became pregnant three months ago she has been glowing like a f*cking christmastree.

I change page on the magazine, there is a interview with a thin blonde model on the page when I hear the sound. It's almost inhuman and it has me out of the chair within seconds

"Baby?" I ask through the door and try to open it, but it's locked. Leave it to Tris to lock the door when we are alone

"Tris?" I ask louder this time "are you allright?"   I hear whimpers inside the bathroom and soft sobs "Watch out.. I am going to kick the door in" I let her know.

After three kicks i get the door open and step inside the bathroon. The sight before me terrifies me and left me feeling absolutly nothing but pain.

Tris is crumpled up like a ball on the floor next to the toilet. Her panties are disgarded at the end of the bathtub and they are covered in blood. I gag.

"Tob.." She whimpers before a massive shake take her body "Something is wrong.." she sobs as her hands press against her stomach, like she is holding it in place.

I can she something is terrible wrong. I am on the floor in mere seconds rocking her body like a little child.

"Everything will be fine" I lie to her as I gather her in my arms. Collecting a blanket of the couch as we pass.

The car ride to the hospital is quiet exept Tris sobs.. each sob killing me more than the last.

The doctor was gentle when she told us. Tris had lost the baby. The deep devistation in Tris eyes was enough to kill me right here but I had to be strong for her.

"I am sorry" her sweet voice said, thick with emotions.

"You have nothing to be sorry for" I tell her, meaning every word.

When we get home that night I place her in our bed, picking the comforter of and tucking her in. Her dull eyes are closed but I know better than to think she has fallen asleep.

"You will be a wonderful mother sometime" I tell her and I see her trevling under the blanket at my words.