Chapter 26 ~ She Whispered and Jumped...

Hey guys so there is an authors note at the end.

Hope you like the chapter!!

*****************************************************

"Run Dawn run!"

And run I did. I ran down the flight of stairs I originally went up and ran to the end of the hall, down another flight of stairs. You could say I memorised the map of the house so I know my way around by now. There are at least 13 different lifts going to different places in different spots. I headed into a media room and hid behind a cabinet on the other side of the room. I heard Piper run in. I could just see her from where I was squatting behind the cabinet. With her bow and arrow in her hand ready to fire she slowly surveyed the area. She walked over to the TV and looked around a couch, that lay in the middle of the massive room.

As she walked around, I mirrored her and walked around the cabinet but noticed a small indent in the wall that I was just leaning up against. I took a closer look at it.

Is that a door?

I stepped closer and examined it.

Holy Shitballs its a Freacking door!

I felt around for the handle much quickly than I had examined the door.

Got it!

I turned it and opened it as fast as I can, stepping inside and locking it behind me. I felt for a light switch. Nothing. I walked in the direction I thought was forward but ended bumping into a wall.

Ow!

I felt around for anything - a door, a lift or a light switch. Until I stumbled across what felt like a light switch. I flicked it on and looked around me as a long hallway lit up by a few lights. I walked down the hallway and came across a lift. I clicked the up button and waited for it. I heard banging at the door and pressed the up button more times.

What's taking it so long?!

"I'm coming in Ashley!" Piper yelled. "You can run but you can't hide!"

I door swung open and Piper aimed the bow and arrow at me. Just as she pulled back the arrow the elevator doors opened and I leaped in. Piper ran to catch the lift but missed it as I pressed the button for the doors to close.

"I'll just take the stairs..." She trailed off.

I snorted and just before I heard her mumble 'fuck' I hit the button for the roof. It would take 4 floors to get to the roof. I crossed my arms while I waited. The lift stopped at the second top floor.

What?

I didn't press that one did I?

I checked that I pressed the roof button - I had.

I pulled out my knife and holding it firmly, raised it up to my face. The elevator doors opened and all of a sudden a knife was being thrown at my head. I ducked and let the knife stab into the wall behind me.

"Sorry!" I heard Seth's voice call out.

I noticed the guys battling it out just a few metres in front of me. I grabbed it and moved out of the lift towards the stairs, walking away from the guys.

"We need to work on your throwing hand!" I called back to him and chuckled.

He chuckled and blocked a punch from Bailey. I ran up the stairs and opened a trap door leading onto the roof. I looked around. I had only been on the roof once so I didn't know it very well. I walked around. All that was on the roof was a couple of chairs and tables, and then the lift, with a small hut thing. I couldn't really see where I was going since it was night time. There were only a few lights on the roof, but there was a lit up view of the city to make up for it.