🖤6🖤

Trigger warnings: Bullying, $elf h@rm, $uicidal thoughts, homophobic slurs 
____________________________________

"Wait, you do?" He heard Darryl say. His heart skipped two beats. Holy hell he heard that?  He thought. He was at a loss for words. He looked down to meet eyes with him. His eyes were so pretty. They were a beautiful forest green. They looked so happy and hopeful. He felt like he had to say something. Tell him the truth.

"I...I do Darryl. Ever since I met you, I've always felt different around you. you make me so happy and..and I love you.." 

"I love you too Zak"

They stared into each other's eyes as they each got closer, both knowing exactly what's about to happen. Slowly, they brought their lips together, melting into the kiss. Once they pulled away, they locked eyes once more. Darryl was in a daze, he was definitely dreaming. but no, he wasn't. 

He snapped out of it and he could feel his face turn a dark red as he realized what just happened. He hid his face in Zak's chest out of embarrassment. "What are you doing silly?" Zak laughed. "be quiet, you muffin head" Darryl pouted. He yawned, indicating he was tired. He didn't want to let go of Zak Because he was warm and cuddly. Zak could tell he was sleepy, and he really did need some sleep, so he decided to let him rest. He gently rubbed his back as an attempt to keep him calm. 

The gentle touch gave Darryl butterflies. He loved Zak so much he felt like he could scream. He just wanted to hold on to him forever, and never, ever let go. He smiled, feeling safe and happy, as he drifted off to sleep....for real this time. 

It was now 9 am, and Darryl wakes up expecting to be hugging Zak but finds that he's hugging...a pillow? Darryl was confused, so he called out for Zak. "Um... Zak?"...no response

He started to worry a bit. "Zak?" He called again, but still no answer. He continued to call for him for ten minutes before he really started to worry. What if Zak had left him? What if he decided he didn't need Darryl? What if he got mad at him? Darryl could feel his heart rate increase and he started to breathe faster. "No no no..." He told himself. "Not another panic attack...no, stop! I-its fine I'm sure he just...had to go to the store..that's all...but why at 9 am...?" He slowly started to sob. He was scared. Did Zak really leave him? He continued to call out his name in-between sobs. Where did he go?

At 8 am, Zak's friend had called him. He had said that he needed Zak to come down to his house because it was an emergency. Zak hesitated at first, not wanting to leave Darryl but eventually gave in. He didn't really think to leave him a note, so he got up and left. Now, he was coming back. He knew Darryl always slept in really late so he'd most likely be asleep when he got back. But when he entered, he found the complete opposite. 

Darryl was laying on the couch, sobbing, clearly scared. This worried, and confused Zak. "Darryl? what's wrong?" He asked. Darryl turned to face him. Zak could see relief in his eyes as he could feel arms wrap around him. "i-i thought y-you left me.." Darryl quietly said, still a bit upset. Zak finally realized what he was worried about. "Aw, I'd never leave you. You're too adorable to leave behind. I love you so much and I would never do such a thing" Zak hugged the other boy closer to him as he talked to him, eventually calming him down. 

Suddenly, Zak sits up. "I know! let's order some food! you haven't eaten yet today have you?" Darryl shakes his head as Zak pulls out his phone. /idk man let's use our imagination and pretend Zak knows exactly what they both like from some restaurant, and I mean..it's a fanfiction bro literally anything can happen because I have all the power now :)) anyway back to the story, btw: this is where it starts to get..fun...\ 

Darryl hears his phone buzz, indicating he has a text. He starts to worry a bit when he sees the name, but his heart drops when he reads the text. He decides to try to ignore it, not wanting to bother Zak more with all his worrying. so he puts his phone away, and joins the other in the kitchen, waiting for their food to arrive.