Well after the thud, Kenma decided fuck that, Kuroo is in trouble.

  He dialed the emergency contact number.
  "110 what's your emergency? " The operator said

"Um my neighbor is abusing his son. " Kenma said nervously.
"Okay what's the address and will medical assistance be needed? "
  "It's 4825 Namakote drive and I don't know. I heard a thump and yelling. "
"Okay help will be there in about 10 minutes. "
   "Okay thank you. " Kenma hung up.
  They bit their nails. What will Kuroo think? They did just break their promise.

  The thoughts kept running through their mind, until sirens were heard getting closer.

  Kuroo was punched in the nose as tears ran down his face. He felt  feet and fist come in contact with his body.
   "TOKYO POLICE OPEN THE DOOR! " Kuroo heard and he felt relief; fear too, but mostly relief.

  Kuroo's dad did not open the door. So the police let themselves in.
  They saw him midswing on Tetsu "PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HEAD AND STEP AWAY FROM THE BOY!! "
Kuroos dad did what he was told. Tetsurou stumbled away from his father. Paramedics ran to him as the police took his father out of the house.
  Officers went to walk up the stairs.
  "Wait! " He said to the officers, "my grand parents are asleep upstairs with their hearing aids out. They don't know about anything. " The officers looked at each other and nodded to him. They still walked up stairs without  their guns pointed though.
   The paramedics took Kuroo outside to check his injuries. Kenma ran outside once they could see the state of their boyfriend.
   Kuroo had a bloody nose, busted lip and black eye. He was limping too. Kenma ran over to them.
  "Kenma! " Kuroo perked up once he saw his significant other running to him.
   "Hey are you okay? " The setter asked worriedly.
   "I'm great. " Kuroo said "thanks for calling the cops by the way. "
  Kenma was about to speak but the paramedic cut him off.
  "Okay so you just have a few bruises it seems but just to be safe we are going to take you to the hospital and do some xrays and test." She smiled at him.
  "Okay." Kuroo hesitated a minute as he looked over at his grandparents. "Are they okay? "
  "Yes of course just dazed," The paramedic answered. An officer walked over, "I'm gonna ask you some questions. Okay"
  "Yeah it's okay. " Kuro hesitated again,biting his lip"Could Kenma stay though? "
  The officer looked at the person beside the injured boy and nodded.
  "What's your name? "
  "Kuroo Tetsurou. "
  "How old are you? "
"17"
"Where do you go to school?and what year? "
"Nekoma High third year class 5."
"Who all lives with you? "
"My dad, my grandma and granddad. "
"Where's your mother? "
"She... She left when I was 6."
"Sorry to hear that.How long has your father been hitting you? "
  "About a year. " Kenma widened their eyes. That long... and Kuroo neve acted any different? Kenma moved his left hand to Kuroo's much larger right hand and laced the pair's fingers together. Kuroo jumped at the contact but relaxed and smiled at the second year beside him.
  "What does your dad do for a living? "
  "He owns a bar a few streets down. "
  "Did he ever hit your grandparents? "
  "He.. He tried once. He came up behind my grandma and pulled his arm back to punch her for something stupid like not making exactly what he wanted for dinner.but I intervened and told him if he was going to hit anybody in the house, let it be me, I can heal faster and she has enough medical problems anyways. "
  "And that's when this all started? "
"Yes."
  "Does your father drink or do drugs? "
"Im.. I'm not sure about drugs but he's rarely sober and always has a bottle close to him. "
  "Okay." The officer scribbled something on his note pad."So here's whats gonna happen, given the fact that you are not an adult yet and your grandparents need help almost 24/7 from what they told me, you're grandparents will be put in a senior citizen home. "
The volleyball captian's eyes widened "But i-"
"Let me finish please. " The officer cut him off, "you will be sent to live with relatives near here. Do you have any?"
  "Not that I know of. Sir I have been taking care of my grandparents since junior high. I can still do it. " Kuroo looked scared at the thought of not living with his grandparents. Kenma felt sympathy well in their heart for their best friend and boyfriend.
  The officer sighed, "Look kid, I don't want to do that to you, seperate you from family, but I gotta follow procedures. "
  "Then could I live with Kenma? "Tetsurou looked hopeful. The officer looked at the dyed blonde and then their hands that were still latched together.
  " Yeah, if it's okay with his parents. " He said," And if he wants you to"
🚨trigger warning over🚨
  Kuroo looked at Kenma with eyes that reminded them of a puppy that was just scolded.
   "Yeah, " They gave a light hearted smile, "Of course you can stay with me. "
  "Okay well that settles it. Have a good night. "
  "Wait officer.....? " Kuroo realized he never got the mans name.
  "I'm Matsuoka Rin. "
   "Officer Matsuako, how long will dad be in jail? "
  "A long time, "Matsuoka frowned, " Why? "
  "Just curious. "
  The paramedic, who sometime during the questioning had walked off, came back with a smile on her face and spoke, "Im gonna take you to the hospital, you might be staying over night. So go get your clothes- not a uniform though I'm giving you an excuse for missing tomorrow. Okay? "
  Tetsurou nodded to the lady, " And Grandma and pa? "He asked
  " Will be left here with my partner, and are in good hands. " She reassured him.
  "Okay." He turned to his partner, "Will you be okay tomorrow by yourself? "
  "Yeah, of course I will. Tetsu, you don't worry about me. " Kenma put his hand on the uninjured cheek. "Put yourself first for once Tetsu. "
  Kenma stood on his tip toes and placed a short, gentle kiss on Kuroo's lips, kuroo returned it.
  They both pulled away and the taller male smiled down to him, before turning and going to get his clothes.
Kenma smiled at the middle blocker's receding form.
   "He's a keeper, huh? " Kenma jumped but turned to look at the owner of the voice; Officer Matsuoka.
  "Yeah, he is. " Kenma nodded.
  "He reminds me of my husband," Matsuoka "always wanting to put other people first. Neglecting his own health. "
  "Yeah I barley got him to tell me about his dad, he didn't wanna burden me.  He told me yesterday and made me promise not to say anything or do anything. But I couldn't just not do anything."
  "I realize that what I'm about to say isn't the same but, my husband threw his shoulder out and still swam on it for two years before he told me. But that was in high school, we were third years. We had just started dating when he told me, I was so mad at him for keeping it from me too. " Matsuoka laughed at the memory. 
   "How long have you known each other? " Kenma asked as Kuro emerged from the house and went to hug his grandma.
  "We've been friends since elementary school. Sosuke and I didn't start dating til our third year of high school and we've been married about a year now..... I'm 25 now sooo about 20 years I guess. " Matsuoka flashed a smile and the non binary person beside him, and kenma noticed his shark like teeth.
   Tetsu ran over to Kenma and Matsuoka, "heyyy I'm about to leave. " He flashed his signature grin at kenma and they refrained from rolling their golden eyes.
  "Gimme kiss?? " Kuro pouted when Kenma school their head no.
"Oookaay but I may die at the hospital, my bruises could be life threatening! and you would never see me again! Just in case pleeeaaassseee?? "
  Kenma huffed at their extra boyfriend, "Tetsu, there are people around. "
  "Buuuuutt that didn't stop you beforrreeee, " Kuro whined and stood eye level with Kenma.
  Kenma sighed and gently put their lips together. Their lips moved in sync for a few seconds before Kuro pulled away.
  "Byyyee, love! See you tomorrow, I love youuuu! " He instantly became cheery and waved as he was pulled into the ambulance. "Bye, Bed head. I love you too, dork, " Kenma called after him.
  "Goodnight thank you for helping. " Kenma said to the red headed officer beside them. 
  "It's my job. " He smiled and walked to his cruiser.

________

Kenma kuro is good just fell asleep

Bokuto thas good

Bokuto I was starting to worry ngl

Atsumu okaaayy go cuddle ur man