46 | Real Life

━━━━

━━━━

Despite not talking, there was some truth in Jack's messages. He and Lara did indeed leave her birthday party, but not to shag as Jordan had suggested. Ever since Jack has known Lara, he's been picking up on what she likes and dislikes... one of the things she secretly hates is parties. Especially parties for her.

It's weird, I know, and so does Lara. She hates that she can't just enjoy a party without feeling anxious or annoyed, but she was more than excited to ditch her birthday party after saying hi to everyone. Jack ended up taking her to a planetarium. Lara's always bringing up people's zodiacs and how they affect them, especially Cillian's... 

"Oh, it's so pretty..." Lara pointed at the ceiling at a cluster of fake stars, the colors were beautifully blended and it looked like a scene out of a movie. Her eyes were lit up with curiosity as the duo went around the place to explore. 

"I've got a surprise for you,"

"Don't say you got me a pet because as much as I love animals, I'm highly allergic." 

Jack shook his head at Lara's dramatics and just led her down a hall, the floor was covered in glow in the dark stars. Once they reached a door, Jack pulled it open and Lara gasped at the sight before her. The entire room consisted of space, the dome-shaped roof made it feel like a real experience as the awed Lara Murphy walked into the room slowly.

She took her time to take in the room, it was beautiful. "Holy shit, this is amazing," Lara would have accepted any present that Jack got her... but this was perfect. She's a hoarder so it's better if people don't give her material things. Jack smiled at the sight of Lara's excited expression, she turned back to him, beaming like a hyper child. "You did this?"

"Well, I just rented the room so you could enjoy it without being annoyed by others... and there's food. I know you didn't eat at the party." Jack gestured to the table sat directly in the middle of the room, it was simple, some of Lara's favorite dishes and drinks. 

Lara practically threw herself at Jack, she wrapped her arms around him tightly, "Thank you, it's perfect." She drew her head back only to pull Jack back in for a kiss. His hands rested on her hips as he leaned down to make it easier for her shorter stature. Her phone vibrated and Lara began laughing out of nowhere, "I'm one hundred percent sure that was my dad texting to ask me where I am."

Jack chuckled, "Hopefully he won't kill me for taking you away," 

She lifted herself up onto her tippy toes, "I think Cillian is starting to like you, Mr. Rowan."

"What's not to like, Ms. Murphy?" Jack quipped and Lara rolled her eyes at him playfully.

"You cocky shit." 

Jack smirked down at Lara, "You like it, but let's eat so you can't complain about me keeping you from eating." She shook her head at him, "I know you're going to say I kept you from eating, so I came prepared."