16 | Real Life

━━━━

━━━━

"Alright, Lara, we need you to channel all of your inner—" Lara cut Steven Knight off, knowing what he was going to say.

"Inner rage, I know, I know. Believe me... I've got a shit ton of it." She sounded like Fawn Shelby, the sentence being something Fawn would say if we're being honest. Steven and David Caffrey, the director of this series both chuckled deeply at Lara's response. 

Her father, watched as Lara prepared herself for the scene. The scene where Fawn Shelby screams at Tom for using John's funeral as a beacon. Although the first episode of series four has not been filmed yet, Lara has acted out the scene where John dies a million times so she can put on the best performance yet.

Throughout the duration of the entire show, a lot of Lara's scenes included Joe Cole, this meant that her job was to show just how wrecked the young Shelby woman was. As everyone meandered around, Lara practiced her lines beneath her breath, even pantomiming the motions. "Ya ready kiddo?" Paul had his Arthur voice on, everyone had their Brummie accents activated.

And for the next four months, everyone would sound like their characters. Regardless of where they were, or at least, the main cast used that method. Lara and Cillian were the biggest offenders of using that method. Lara learned it from her father, wanting to keep up her character throughout all of filming to lower the risk of breaking character. 

Lara shrugged, "I think so, but I'm worried that dad's going to take the words to heart... I've got to call im' a cunt and masochist... I just hope he knows I'm not serious..." Paul shook his head at Lara and pat her on the shoulder. 

"Places in two minutes!" Everyone made their way to their spots in the field. Lara looked over her shoulder, the black hat blocked most of her view but she spotted Jack. He wiggled his fingers at her teasingly and she rolled her eyes at him, flipping him off discreetly. 

━━━━
The Scene
━━━━

 "We got word to them about the funeral, the where, the when... Told them where to stand for the best shot." Paul spoke, hands in his pockets as Helen looked at him with wide eyes at the words. Lara's face contorted with anger as the camera focused on her. 

She pushed away from Harry, running toward her father, finger pointed at him accusingly. "What the fuck is wrong with you!? Are you mad!? Using John's fucking funeral as a motherfucking signal." Cillian seemed to struggle as his daughter screamed at him, she began hitting Cillian, slapping him all over his chest.

"GOD, YOU'RE SO FUCKING STUPID!" Paul rushed over to Lara, pulling her away from Cillian, and Lara tried to escape his grip, "Let me go, Arthur!" Lara jerked her body in Paul's hold, he struggled like the script told him to, her gaze focused back on her stoic father, "He deserves to feel a semblance of the pain I feel! Tom's a fucking masochist! Do you like having your family despise you, Thomas?!"