Chapter two- Insom-nyah

Start from the beginning

The feeling was mutual. Izuku was out of costume, woken up moments ago, and high on adrenaline. Words dried out on his tongue before they became a cognitive thought. He had never been ambushed while sleeping in his safe spots. Much less by a purple haired pretty boy.

Yes, Izuku could admit the lavender-haired,
dead inside, lacking a full eight-hours-of-sleep teen beneath him looked decent. But not Izuku's type. The heat on his face was more from being startled, not flustered in that kind of way. Besides, even if they were around the same age, that still made him an enemy, right?

Izuku tried his best to sound intimidating.

"N-name. And purpose." It did not work.

The figure beneath him shook with silent laughing. Izuku bristled.

"It's not funny! Stop laughing," they took a second before remembering the gravity of the situation and looked apologetic.

"Yeah, sorry about all that," his voice was deep and melodic, most likely from a vocal or charm-based quirk. It made Izuku want to listen. "I didn't mean to cause you any trouble. The name's Shinsou Hitoshi."

Despite what Shinsou said, Izuku didn't let up.

"And your name?" God, Izuku wanted to give him his name, passwords, and social security number right there and then.

But he was still wary. "Why would I give you my name?"

"I gave you mine, it's only fair." His charming smile strikes again.

"You could be a villain," Izuku reasoned. That seemed to strike a nerve.

"Listen, dude," Shinsou began, "I don't mean any harm. I came up here for the cat, and wanted to make sure you weren't dead or something."

That made sense, kind of.

"Oh, uh, whoops," Izuku had the decency to look embarrassed, sitting still with his hands covering his face.

"So, you gonna get off me anytime soon?" Hitoshi, honestly, didn't mind that much. The other was light and not hurting him at all. He could probably fall asleep like this, if not for the hard material beneath his head.

As if only now noticing the current predicament, Izuku turned bright red from the tips of his ears to his collarbones. He gracefully rolled to the side and landed with his feet to the ground and his hands between his knees. He looked kind of like a frog.

He extended a gloved hand to Shinsou, who hasn't moved an inch since getting knocked over. "Sorry, then! My name's Izuku Midoriya." Hitoshi accepted the hand and was surprised that Midoriya's strength alone was enough to heft him to his feet, standing upright.

"Forgive me for being cautious," Midoriya continued, "I'm not used to seeing other people up here." Hitoshi was confused as to why Midoriya felt the need to apologize.

"Midoriya," it's been so long since Izuku heard his own name spoken by someone, "It's fine. I didn't mean to startle you."

Izuku short-circuited. He was thoroughly unused to this kind of treatment. He literally tackled them? And they're apologizing? Is he still dreaming?

Hitoshi, oblivious to Midoriya's internal panic, shuffled his feet about and tried to bring up the fact that they were on a rooftop with no clear way down, besides re-entering through Hitoshi's window. Which, in and of itself, is a terrible idea for many reasons.

"So," Hitoshi decided to get right to the point, "How do we get down?"

Izuku blinked, like he hadn't expected that question.