chapter forty-three

Start bij het begin

"no one's ever seen their house" eric said, "i mean, besides maddy of course"

eric and mike only look at each other with knowing looks while madelline only shook her heads at the two.

boys. she thought.

"another party alice?" madelline teased.

"it will be fun" alice emphasized on the latter giving her a pointed look.

"yeah, that's what you said last time" bella shot back, looking back at her with knowing look.

alice sunk back into her seat, all of a sudden getting a vision. edward and madelline suddenly looked at each other as they saw what was happening and could hear alice's thoughts loud and clear. jasper only looked at them with worry yet he tried to play it off when eric passed him a look. bella saw what was happening and tried to distract angela and pulled everyone's attention away while the four sat in worry and distress but tried to play it off the best they can.

jasper and madelline chaperone the two as they went to charlie's office, seeming as they have to talk about alice's vision when they get back. after bella and edward walked out, jasper and madelline soon followed and leaned back to their car as they waited for charlie to come outside so the two of them could greet him properly.

bella led edward away from the two and walked near by the door, she leaned towards edward to talk to him but not before glancing towards the two who tried to look oblivious as they can but with their sensitive hearing, they could hear everything especially madelline.

"i know you know what alice saw" bella whispered, "tell me"

"its nothing" edward tried to assure the girl passing the two behind him a worried glance and a look that screams help but madelline only smirked and lightly shook her head no meaning he have to take care of this by his own.

"its not just nothing, you looked worried" bella pushed.

"i just don't want everyone to notice how strange alice is" edward countered.

"i think that ship sailed a long ago" bella muttered but madelline heard it loud and clear.

"hey!" madelline said in a low voice so bella couldn't hear, "alice is not like that, imagine having visions and visions of everything, it does that to you!"

jasper chuckled and kissed the side of her head, grabbing her hand to calm her down, "relax"

madelline only shook her head and turned to look back at the two. to say the least, they looked like edward's parents who stood behind to wait for him which made everything more funnier for bella but she couldn't find the situation amusing as long as she doesn't have knowledge of what alice saw.

the two tune out what they were talking about and started to playfully shove each other and run around as they waited for edward. but suddenly they stopped when they heard edward's words.

"we've been tracking the situation in seattle for a while. the unexplained killings and disappearances. if the situation gets any more conspicuous, the volturi will have to step in"

the two looked at each other, alarmed and walked towards the car and got in. they waited for edward as they sat in silence. "is it her?"

"possibly" jasper answered, his hand blindingly found her hands even if they weren't looking at each other.

"then we have to do something while they're gone"