Josie was gasping now.

Tears were streaming down her face. Lizzie. She needed Lizzie.

The bond. She reached for it but she hit a wall. Lizzie had a barrier up.

Why? Was she in danger?

Josie slid down the wall and tried to force herself to take deep breaths but it wasn't working.

She felt like someone was squeezing her lungs as tightly as they could.

Was she going to die?

No, she was a vampire, that wasn't how that worked.

Josie shakily reached for her phone, wheezing as she tried to force air into her lungs.

She started to call Lizzie before she realized she didn't want her sister to know.

What should she do? Who does she call?

Josie gasped heavily.

A sob erupted from her, and through blurred eyes she saw Jeremy's contact.

She clicked.

It rang and rang.

But then there was a click and a male voice came across the line.

"Hello? Josie?" Jeremy asked, voice concerned.

"Jeremy" Josie gasped out.

"Jo?" Jeremy called out in concern.

"I...can't...brea...the..." Josie answered, panicky.

"You're having a panic attack," Jeremy said, in realization.

"Josie, I need you to listen to my voice," Jeremy ordered. "Can you do that?"

"Y-yes," Josie stuttered.

"Okay, umm, did you know Stefan has a brother?" Jeremy asked.

"Ye-yeah," Josie answered, still breathing heavily as she focused on Jeremy's words.

"Well, for some reason, Elena decided to date him," Jeremy said.

"W-what?" Josie asked in shock.

That must be one of the consequences of messing with time.

"Yeah, he's a jackass. I don't see what she sees in him," Jeremy said. "Also Vicki's doing better."

"That's...good," Josie said, breathing starting to slow.

She felt the pressure in her lungs start to release. And the tears started to slow.

"So, tell me what you've been doing," Jeremy encouraged her.

"Umm...we're in...New Orleans...right now," Josie answered, taking big gulps of air.

"New Orleans?" Jeremy asked in surprise. "Tell me about it."

"It's beautiful and there's so much culture here...People dance on the streets...And there's people playing music at all times of the day...The food is delicious...And the people are welcoming," Josie answered.

Her breathing was now back to normal and she relaxed against the wall.

"That sounds amazing," Jeremy said but then he was quiet. "How are you doing?"

"I'm...I'm okay now...thank you," Josie whispered into the phone. "I'm sorry if I interrupted something."

"Hey," Jeremy scolded lightly. "I told you to call me when you are having a panic attack and I am glad you did."