𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

Start from the beginning

Why do i even sit with these people.

That was my first thought when one of the football players began stuffing as many tater'tots in his mouth as physically possible. The rest of the table encouraging him, whilst Charlie sat with an amused smirk, not giving too much away as usual.

Charlie had the box of brownies on his lap, as he munched through them, i nicked the last one from the box and watched him frown and look at me with a playful glare, in return i gave him a triumphant smile and shoved the entire brownie in and struggled to chew it.

It was totally worth it, he looked physically pained that i had taken his brownie.

"You're so mean to me Ross" he feigned hurt, putting his hand on his heart, looking genuinely sad for a few seconds before chuckling and slinging and arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him on the bench.

"Snooze you lose, big boy" i smiled sweetly at at him.

"Can you two not be so in love" the same player who had essentially become a human trash can just moments ago gagged at us, as if us joking together was worse than watching him regurgitate cafeteria tater'tots.

The guys had been oddly friendly to me, after Charlies fight with Lucas and word got out about Oliver assualting me, they wanted Oliver kicked off the team and Lucas suspended but coach said they were 'irreplaceable' i say he just didn't want the school the team to be associated with assault and he didn't want to fill out the paper work, because teachers hate paperwork unless it bought them money in.

That and Oliver definitely wasn't irreplaceable, I've seen him play and a baby giraffe on stilts would have more accuracy. Just saying.

"In love?" I scoff and Charlie cackles, not a damn-you're-right laugh, but a literally-shut-the-fuck-up-you-couldn't-be-more-wrong laugh.

Which wasn't entirely reassuring.

His laugh was so loud that it bought attention to us, peers wondering what the hell was so damn funny for the oh-so-stoic Charlie King to cackle like that.

I wondered the same thing, am I actually that revolting?

Probably, i thought to myself.

He sobered up immediately when he noticed the gawking students, sending a glare around the cafeteria. I would hate to be the on the receiving end of that glare, however i only ever experience Charlie's smiles.

Too bad I suppose.

"Shut the fuck up" Charlie grumbled, still keeping his arm around my shoulders.

"Oh thats right, you like our little ol' Scarlet, don't you" the guy said with a smirk. "Was trying to get into her pants the other day" i liked him better when he had a mouthful of tater'tots.

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up" Charlie practically growled and the entire table grew quiet and watched as Charlie stormed away from us.

Yikes.

Being the best friend that i am, i hurry to grab my backpack and run in the direction he left. The only thing was that Charlie is six foot something, whilst I'm barely five foot one, so you could imagine how much faster he was.