That Crazy Ex of Mine

Start from the beginning

I'm about to leave when he clears his throat, "Uh I know we're not exactly friends or anything, but thanks on behalf of my family for letting us stay here," he states awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"I didn't even know you were staying here until about two minutes ago," I shrug, "But you're welcome."

"So uh how are things with Ari?"

"Okay," I reply vaguely, not wanting to get into whatever is happening right now.

"Just okay? I didn't get dumped for things to be 'okay' you know," he jokes.

I don't know if he expects me to laugh because I don't.

"Too soon?"

Again, is that supposed to be funny?

"Look I don't like your girlfriend anymore, so can we just put this behind us?" He sighs.

"Sure," I shrug.

It's not his fault that Ari kissed him at the party, he didn't know she would do that. So what's the point of holding a grudge?

"Just don't make a move on my girl and we'll be cool," I joke, even though I honestly can't say if she's still my girl or not.

What she did was awful, but is it enough for me to break up with her for? That's what I can't seem to decide.

"I won't," he laughs.

I let Alec go inside his room for the next couple days as I head back downstairs. My mother is still talking to Alec's mother, but Andrew is no longer there. I head back upstairs to my room when I hear laughter coming from Payton's room. I walk to her room and look through the opening crack in the door to find Andrew and her playing with barbies together.

"Why do you like playing with barbies?" Peyton asks, "You're a boy!"

Andrew shrugs, "Barbies are pretty, like you," he says flashing a dimpled smile, making my sister blush.

"Boys don't play with barbies, they play with trucks," she giggles.

"My mommy says it's okay to play with whatever you want as long as you're having fun."

"Well are you having fun?"

"I'm having lots of fun with you," he says with another dimpled smile.

Sure it may sound like a harmless conversation between kids, but this little ten-year-old charmer is putting the moves on my sister! I'm not going to just stand outside the door and not put a stop to it.

So I went in causing both of their heads to turn towards me, both of them smiling. Those damn dimples of his again.

"Hey guys, uh could I talk to you for a minute Andrew?"

"Sure!" He practically shouts before joining me in the hallway.

"So Andrew," I began as I close the door so Peyton won't hear us, "Do you like my sister?"

"Of course I do, she's fun to play with."

"No, I mean do you like her?"

"Yeah she's fun to play with."

"No, would you like to you know- have her as a girlfriend?"

"She is my girlfriend already."

"Pardon me?"

"I asked if she would be my friend and she said yes, so she's already my girlfriend."

This may be harder than I thought. I pinch the bridge of my nose as I try to explain this to him.