Hope

RIHANNA'S POINT OF VIEW

     I've called nearly every foster care & orphanage in Los Angelas. I'm starting to feel hopeless but I refuse to give up on my child. I just want to know if she's okay & I want her to know I love her. I still have three left to call.

*PHONE CONVO*
Me: Hello I'm calli-
Receptionist: Hello... Hello how may I help you ?
Me: I'm calling in regards in finding the whereabouts of my daughter, is there any chance she's under the care of your agency ?
Receptionist: Umm.. What's the child's date of birth & name.
Me: Her date of birth is June 9th, 2010.
Receptionist: Name ?
Me: Um I believe her name may have been changed but the name I gave her is Rayven Fent- Rayven.
Receptionist: Um one second ma'am...
Receptionist: Hello ?
Me: Yes, I'm here.
Receptionist: Okay so we had a Raven Garcia being fostered by a family of two about six years ago matching the date of birth you gave me.
Me: I- Um do you know where she is now !?
Receptionist: We actually don't have that information ma'am ...but if we did we wouldn't be able to release that to you.
Me: Oh okay well... um do you know why she's no longer with your agency.
Receptionist: The state moved her for her safety and most likely she isn't in California anymore.
Me: Whaa- Okay...do you have any photos of her on file ?
Receptionist: Actually, yes she was about two but ma'am I'm not able to release this to you.
Me: PLEASE! Ma'am my child was taken away from me at birth. Please ... please
Receptionist: I'm sorry bu-
Me: Ma'am I am begging you... my life has been destroyed! I just want to know if it is her.. Please.
Receptionist: .... Okay ma'am I'll fax it to you.
Me: Thank you soo much. My fax is 26743240733.

*END OF PHONE CONVO*

I stood in front of my fax machine lost in my thoughts. For nearly two hours, waiting. What if I found her- what if I get to see my child-I hope its her..
     Slowly a picture came out of my fax machine. I picked it up and fell to the floor. I screamed while tears flooded down my face. It wasn't her. It felt like I've been stabbed in my soul for the second time.
     I laid on that floor all night. I thought to myself I cannot give up on her again. What kind of mother lets someone take her child. She deserves better than this.
I have an idea.