Thank You Miss Lauren

RAYVEN'S POINT OF VIEW

     As I was napping I jumped out of my sleep, I felt something in my heart. It was like a connection to something. I felt happy but for some reason I was crying.
     The foster lady Ms.Lauren came in my room & asked was I having another bad dream. I told her what happened. I never ever get a chance to talk to her alone so I thought I should ask her about my mommy.

Me : Hey Ms.Lauren when they gave you me did they tell you anything about me ?
Miss Lauren : Hmm maybe sweetheart, like what ?
Me : Like anything about my mom ?
Miss Lauren : No they just told me that your mommy made bad decisions & she lost one of the best things she could ever lose.
Me : What was that ?
Miss Lauren : You baby
Me : ..Maybe I lost her, maybe I wasn't good enough for her.
Miss Lauren : Well even if that was true, & i doubt it, you're good enough for me.

She says as she kisses my forehead.

Me : .. thanks

I sat there & Ms.Lauren left out.

     I started to cry. That happy feeling I had, disappeared. I grabbed my pillow & cried into it. Soon Ms.Lauren came back in the room with some papers.

Miss Lauren : Okay Ray you have to make sure you keep this a secret okay ?
Me : Oh-hkay

I said as I wiped the tears off my face.

Miss Lauren : Okay so it says your mom was born in Saint Michael Parish, Barbados.
Me : does it have her name ?
Miss Lauren : No & I don't know why, it should.. & it says you were born In Los Angeles
Me : Like California  ?
Miss Lauren : Yes baby
Me : So how did I get allll the way to West Virginia?
Miss Lauren : Uhh i don't know Ray... I- I'll be back Rayven & remember this is our secret okay ?
Me : Okay

She ran to her room & slammed the door.