"Vanessa-" Mark began, tears forming in his eyes as he stood up aswell, hoping that she would remain at-least a little bit calm. She scoffed at him and shook her head, bringing her hand up to it as if trying to calm a headache. Silence engulfed the couple, the only sound was Vanessa's heavy breathing as her brain thought through the information.

"Say something." He whispered and she looked at him with sad eyes.

"Once a player, always a player." She breathed, walking past Mark and out of the cafeteria, her white coat floating around behind her as she practically ran out of the cafeteria, the embarrassment creeping up on her.

He had cheated on her. And everyone in the hospital would now know - news travelled fast in the hospital. She frantically looked for somewhere to hide where she knew no-one else would be - her chest felt heavy as tears began to drip down her face.

She started to hyperventilate as she walked through the halls to find refuge. When she found a cupboard she opened the door, walked in and closed it immediately, sinking down to the floor and allowing the sobs to leave her body. 

How could this be happening? She was pregnant with his child and he had cheated on her. They were clearly at different stages of the relationship - not that there was a relationship to have stages in anymore.

She couldn't believe she had ever fallen for the act that he was better. She wondered how many times he had cheated on her before without even telling her. The thought made her cry more and she stayed sat there for multiple hours, crying her eyes out about stupid Mark Sloan and the stupid baby she had growing inside of her.

She heard a knock at the door and she lifted her head up, wiped her eyes, stood up and opened it - expecting it to be a nurse.

"Oh, honey." Bailey breathed upon seeing her red eyes and splotchy face. She opened her arms and Vanessa fell into them, crying openly into the chest of the least emotional person in the hospital.

"It's okay." She soothed, rubbing small circles into Vanessa's back and silently demanding that the nurse page someone, anyone. She pushed Vanessa off of her, holding her at arms length and looking into her eyes seriously.

"Wipe your eyes." She demanded and Vanessa followed her orders, wiping her eyes and looking back at Bailey.

"Follow my breathing." Bailey breathed even breaths in and out with Vanessa following her, calming down her uneven breathing.

"Okay." Bailey breathed, spotting Owen and Alex walking around the corner, looking for Vanessa. As soon as they saw her they quickened their pace and Bailey rubbed Vanessa's arm before getting out of there as quickly as possible, leaving Vanessa to deal with the two angry men in-front of her.

As soon as they reached her, Alex pulled her into a tight hug, surprising everybody in the situation - but he knew about the pregnancy and he knew how that was making everything even more difficult for her and that thought comforted Vanessa a lot as she wrapped her arms around Alex, hugging him thankfully until he pulled away.

Owen grabbed her hand, eyes showing nothing but sympathy for her - he didn't even know about the pregnancy yet. 

"I'll beat him up." He suggested and Alex nodded, making Vanessa chuckle lightly. She had never been so grateful for something in her life.

"Seriously, I've heard rumours but what happened?" Alex asked, earning a hard stare from Owen. Vanessa took a deep breath in, if she was going to explain it she needed not to cry.

"He, uh... he kissed Addison." She sighed, continuing to breathe in and out evenly as Bailey had shown her, "He didn't even try to say she kissed him - he initiated it." She whispered and both men looked to the ground, unable to form words.

"Vanessa?" She heard Meredith call from the other end of the corridor and all three of them looked over to her.

"It's Mark - Cristina knocked his lights clean out." She breathed and Vanessa looked over at Owen. He looked in conflict with himself - on one hand disappointed that Cristina resorted to violence but on the other, proud that she stood up for Vanessa. 

Vanessa looked over at Alex who just looked shocked. Then she did what she didn't think she'd ever be able to do. Vanessa laughed. She laughed and the two boys beside her shared a glance before joining in, laughing at the fact that Mark was knocked out so easily by someone as small as Cristina.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Vanessa breathed, looking at Meredith, "Take me to wherever."

***

"Doctor Yang, physical assault on another doctor is very unprofessional and will not be tolerated." The chief boomed, clearly agitated with what Cristina had done.

"With all due respect chief, what he did was much worse." Cristina defended, looking out of the chief's window to see Vanessa stood on the walkway, looking out to the hospital.

"We don't bring our personal lives into our work lives." He countered. Of course he knew the situation - everyone did - and if he wasn't the chief he would have no problem with what Cristina had done. But he was the chief.

"Yes sir." She muttered, walking out of his office and toward Vanessa who had been waiting there since Meredith had dropped her there.

"Oh my god Cristina." Vanessa laughed, looking at Cristina shrug smugly.

"What can I say?" She joked and Vanessa patted her arm, knowing how much she hated hugs.

"Thank you." She whispered and Cristina nodded slightly, smiling a little bit.

"Have you gone to see him?" She asked and Vanessa shook her head.

"That's what I was thinking about while you were in there. I don't think I will go." She informs and Cristina turns to face her fully.

"You're not going to tell him you're pregnant?" She asked and Vanessa sighed, looking down at her stomach.

"Not today. He doesn't deserve a child today." Vanessa breathed and Cristina nodded her head, turning to look at the hospital from the walkway, admiring the view.

*************************************************************

A/N: OOOOO is all i have to say

if at any point it says 'you' or 'your' or anything second person that's bc if my other imagine books where i write in second person - gets a bit confusing sometimes

Thanks for reading :)