Chapter 5: Mission Two,"Miss Invisible"

Start from the beginning

Aquarius took both of them and drank them in one gulp. A few minutes later, Taurus gasped at his completely new look. Aquarius was almost unrecognizable. "I hate this," He announced. 

Aquarius smiled faintly, though he himself hated it too. "Why?" 

"I like your blue much better," Taurus admitted. "Even though this is for a mission." 

They'd nominated Aquarius to play the part of the 'cousin'. Once the Scorpio got summoned Capricorn would set off a small explosion in another side of the school so that the secretary, Miss Delenne, wouldn't get suspicious. But since they probably looked like complete opposites, he had to drink some of the appearance-changing potions Pisces had mixed up. To top off his disguise he slipped on a pair of rose-colored glasses. 

"Okay, then, Aquarius, good luck!" Capricorn whispered. 

Aquarius flattened his hair and stepped into the office. "Hello, are you the secretary Miss Delenne?" He had even assumed a slight accent. 

"Yes," Miss Delenne answered. "Are you looking for someone?" 

"I'm looking for a person named Scorpio. Is there anyone here by that name?" 

"Yes, there is," Miss Delenne said. "Is she a relative of yours?" 

"Ah, yes. I suppose she didn't tell you. I'm picking her up as a surprise. Today's the day when we first met, you see. Here is a note from her mother," Aquarius said smoothly, sliding a fake note to Miss Delenne. 

The strange thing was that even though the facility never received any information about the zodiac themselves, they had abundant information on the relatives and family of the zodiacs, so it was safe to assume that the name was correct. 

After a minute Miss Delenne said, "Very well. I shall call for her. But it may take some time?" 

"And why is that?" 

"Well, you see, Miss Scorpio has a very odd habit of disappearing, quite literally. It may sound silly to you, but some of her classmates swear she disappears randomly and wanders around the halls during class instead of being there. She's known as "Miss Invisible" to most of the people in the school." Miss Delenne explained.

Aquarius's brow furrowed slightly. This is a strange development... she must have invisibility. If so, then it's no wonder we still haven't found her. She could've been sitting in the very class, silent and invisible without us even noticing her. "I see. Well then, we'll just have to hope for the best." 

A few moments later they heard Miss Delenne making the announcement over the intercom. Capricorn waited a few minutes, then pressed the button. Three... two... one...

BOOM! A miniature explosion shook the school. (in reality, it was just a bunch of well-placed firecrackers and small fireworks. Nothing dangerous at all.) 

"Oh my!" Miss Delenne lept to her feet. "What was that?" 

"Sounded like an explosion!" Aquarius said in fake alarm. "Should I go and see what's going on?" 

"No, Miss Scorpio's class is far from the explosion so she'll most likely be here soon, if she shows up. I'll go and see what happened myself. If she comes when I'm gone please just leave a message." 

"Okay. Be safe!" 

Capricorn threw a quick invisibility charm over Taurus and him, waited until Miss Delenne was far away, then they slipped into the office. 

"Good job," Aquarius said, taking off his glasses. "That should distract her for some while." 

"Do you think she'll come?" Capricorn asked, taking off the charm.