Chapter 5

Catch up?

Catch up with what?

Could he be anymore confusing?

I don't know what am I supposed to catch up with. I have to ask him tonight.

I exit the training room and head to cafeteria. Liam, Mel, Ella, and Ian should be there.

'You know, I'm getting tired of waiting for you to catch up!' His words echoed in my mind.

What am I supposed to catch up with? 'Think logical' my subconscious reminded me. I have to think logical, what is it that he is waiting for me to catch up with?

My mind was whirling with possibilities.

Dauntless hallways are really dark and there's no lights that could tell you what is where. I sped up trying to get to cafeteria but just as I turned a corner, I bumped into someone.

I looked up to see who is it, because he was much taller than me and I could feel his big muscles as I bumped into his chest. It was very dark but I could see his eyebrow piercing and his sky-blue eyes staring down at me. Eric.

I backed away immediately and shivered. He looks scary either way,

but in this dark hallway with those cold and stern blue eyes of his, he looks like pure evil.

"I'm sorry.." I muttered.

He just smirked and continued staring at me. That stare of his and his eyes flickering with amusement sent chills down my spine.

"I'm sorry." I repeated this time more confidently and turned around to walk past him.

He just moved and blocked my way, getting even closer to me. I could sense his fresh minty breath and his cologne.

"Watch yourself initiate." He said with stern, deep and creepy tone.

"I have a name, it's Marlene." I spoke confidently trying to hide my shaking hands, but failing miserably.

He just took my hands into his large ones and I looked down immediately. I wasn't expecting that.

"Like I just said, watch yourself." His whisper startled me, his breath hot over my ear.

He pulled away letting go of my hands, smirking. He just loves to play games, doesn't he?

With one last scary glance at my direction, I'm left alone in the dark hallway.

I shuddered and pulled myself from my thoughts, then headed towards cafeteria.

I hate the way he has an effect on me. The way I'm unable to do, or say anything when he's close to me. And on top of that, I don't even like him. I'm scared of him. I've never been frightened of anyone this much. It's creepy as hell.

When I entered the cafeteria every table was full and I just stood there at the entrance  trying to find Liam or anyone that I know for that matter. Everyone were chatting and arguing. It was so loud. That's why I love this faction. It never sleeps, it's just so alive. It makes me feel alive.

I was looking around for another few minutes, before I spotted Liam sitting with Mel, Ella and some others, Dauntless borns I presume, because I've never seen them before, and they're not at our dorms. I approached them and took a seat next to Liam.

"Hey, where were you? I looked around for you, but couldn't find you anywhere.." Liam asked me, looking concerned.

That's what I love about him. He's always concerned about me, the real me. He would never ditch me and go somewhere else not caring about anything. I looked around to see if anyone is here who shouldn't hear this, but then I noticed Four sitting next to me, one seat free between us. He looked at me blankly, and continued eating.