Chapter 4

I woke up at the sound of metal banging of the other metal. My head is pounding.

"Wake up initiates! I want all of you at the Pit in ten minutes! " Eric shouted over groaning of the half asleep initiates.

I turned over to look at him, but he was already looking at me with a big smirk on his face. His eyes dead cold like he's up to something.

"I don't care about your hangovers. You should've thought about that last night. Don't be late." He said sternly that devilish smirk still present on his face.

Ughh I want to smack him in the face with that metal thing in his hand.

He turned on his heel and left us to deal with the last night consequences.

I stood up and feeling a little bit dizzy started to walk to the bathroom. My head hurts really bad and i feel like i could throw up every second. Everything sounds so loud even though it isn't and I can smell every single thing in the room, which makes me sick to my stomach even more.

"Hey, what's up with that?" Liam asked sleepily.

"What's up with what?"

"That." He said pointing at the spot that Eric was standing a minute ago.

"I don't know." I answered shrugging.

"I don't even remember how I got here in the first place." I said truthfully and walked over to bathroom.

When I looked at my reflection in the mirror I jumped a little. My eyes were bloodshot and my hair was so messy. Just as I expected. I looked like hell.

Then it all came back floating to my mind.

"Eric brought me here.." I said quietly to myself.

That's why he had that smirk on his face. Now I want to smack him even more than earlier.

We quickly dressed up and headed towards the Pit. We all looked desperate so at least I wasn't the only one. Liam had bloodshot eyes too, and Mel and Ella had an awful head aches.

We entered the Pit and Eric and Four have already waited us. We stood in front of them and Four approached us.

"Today your initiation starts. It's separated in three stages. First one is physical. You push yourself to the breaking point. Second is emotional, and third is purely mental. Again you push yourself to the breaking point. You'll be ranked for each stage of the training. For the first stage you'll be ranked separately form Dauntless borns. After that in second

and third stage you'll be ranked together." Four explained to us while walking around us, his face void of emotions.

"Ranks also decide to gets cut." Eric shouted walking towards to us.

"What do you mean gets cut?" Asked a Candor boy,Wayne in front of me.

Gets cut? And then what? Nobody told us that..

"Well at the end of first stage the weakest ones will be ordered to leave Dauntless Headquarters." Eric answered sternly, like it's the everyday thing that people are kicked out to become factionless. Well, here, maybe it is..

"Leave? To do what?" Liam asked.

"There's no coming back to your momma so you'll become factionless." He answered.

"But wait, nobody told us that!" Wayne whined again.

"And what would happen then? You wouldn't choose Dauntless cause of fear, cowardice? If that's the case you might as well leave now." Eric said slightly annoyed.