The Three Little Ham Hams

Start from the beginning

Hamtaro spent an hour making his home from straw. Everything from the table to the bed was crafted in straw and metal netting. The roof and window panes were stiff, golden yellow straw of all sizes while the walls, chimney, and foundation were large amounts of yellowish brown straw. Once he had finished his task, Hamtaro spent the rest of his afternoon exploring the forest around him and lazing about wherever he liked.

Boss spent a little more time building his home. He gathered all the materials he needed and he built a roof and four walls from the sticks and twigs he picked up. He used some stray apples he found to hold the house together, both as a foundation and a paste.

Panda had decided to build a nice, sturdy brick house. And even though it took him the longest to build, he was sure it was going to keep him safe and sound from any kind of danger or threat that could be lurking in the woods.

A few days went by and life seemed rather good for the three hamster brothers. That was until a Big Bad Diamond Cat discovered them. When she was walking through the woods, she came upon the tiny straw house and paused. She looked into the cottage through the window and saw Hamtaro inside napping peacefully. This particular Cat had not eaten in over three days and she was so hungry that she intended on eating the little hamster for a delicious lunch.

"Ooooh, a hamster. A small, plumb, tasty-looking hamster. I can finally have a decent meal," the Cat whispered, furiously licking her lips and swishing her tail.

The Cat walked up and lightly tapped on the door. However, when she did, her enormous paw went straight through the door instead. When he saw the gigantic paw sticking through his door, Hamtaro gasped in fright and tried to cover up the hole with more hay, but it only made things worse. It made the Cat know he was now awake. Hamtaro was terrified, he had never seen this kind of creature before and was practically shaking in his paws.

"Little ham? Let me in," The Cat said, looking inside the house through the window.

"Uh... Sorry, the little hamster you're looking for isn't here right now. Maybe you can come back and try again later. If you have the time, please leave a message after the beep. BEEP!" Hamtaro called from inside, trying his best to keep calm and not scream in horror.

"Don't lie to me. I know you're in there, little hamster. Little ham, let me in!" The Cat shouted.

"Not by the hair of my chiny-chin chin."

"Then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!"

The Big Bad Diamond Cat huffed and puffed and she let out a great gust of wind. The wind itself was so powerful that Hamtaro's straw cottage was immediately swept away in an instant, leaving nothing but the little hamster himself covered in pieces of straw, bits of hay stuck in his fur, and sitting on the open forest floor.

"Whoa. Didn't see that coming," Hamtaro muttered to himself, staring at the Cat with wide eyes filled with fear.

Before the Cat could catch him, however, Hamtaro quickly got to his paws and ran away as fast as he could in another direction to his brother Boss's house.

"You can't run from me, you little rodent! Get back here!" The Cat shouted, pursuing him.

Hamtaro screamed in terror and didn't stop running until he reached the apple-twig house. He knocked frantically at the door while screaming in fright.

"Boss, let me in! Quick! There's a Diamond Cat after me! She's hot on my tail! Let me in, please!" He cried, out a breath.

"What?! A Diamond Cat?! Get inside! Quick! You can hide in here," Boss said, unlocking his door and letting his brother inside.